WEAK AT THE KNEES

H A R P E R     P O V

It's been two weeks since I was left at the altar for the second time. Lexi had gone to school I am sitting in the lounge writing invites out that Scott wanted me to do. He informed me he is hosting a party and told me to put my family members down too. Have no idea what the hell he is up to. Come to think of it, he's been acting strange around me. Making me weak at the knees. Didn't know he knew so many people. My wrist is killing me from all this writing, plus he wants me to sort the venue out and the tables.

Other words, I am being his planner for his function that he is holding. He asked me, giving me a card to charge it all too. I had sorted out most of it but still had to sort the centrepieces for the tables plus caterers. Need to ask him what menu he would like. Put the pen down, shake my wrist to bring back feeling. "Harper, have you finished the invites I need to get them posted today," He says strolling into the lounge.

"I have a few to write." Roll my eyes. "Good, you need to get hold of the caterer and make sure they have the menu ready," He says while he steps in front of me. "The menu is here." Pick up the menu to hand to him. He shakes his head. "No, the fish is out of the question." He demands. "Okay. So, what would you like in its place?" He stares at me, sits on the sofa. "What about roast beef?" Shrug my shoulders, not sure if any of his guests would like it.

"It's your event so, wherever you want." He places the menu down on the coffee table, stands to slide one hand in his trouser pocket. "Would like your input too." He replies with a smile. "I'm sure whatever you chose will be fine." He nods bending down pushing me back into the sofa.

"Do I have to remind you what I said to you a few days ago?" Shake my head he smiles. "Now that is better. Please put your input into this event." He straightens up smirks walks off. He knows how to make me weak. Showing his demanding side. He acts calm with his sweet demanding voice telling me to listen to him. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Finished the last invite place, them neatly on the side table by the main door ready to be posted. Step into the kitchen to hear Scott on the mobile talking about his event. Telling whoever it is that it is a surprise for a woman he had fallen in love with. Smiling with what he had said hoping he has better luck than me. He glances at me smiles carries on talking. Make myself a cup of tea could hear how happy he felt the way he is gushing about this woman. I have not met her yet, but I most probably will at the event he is throwing. He's gone beyond making a girl's dream come true. Just hope she will be surprised.

Sip my tea then realise the ring he had got is for the girl. My god that is some ring. He finishes his phone call. "Are the invites ready to go?". Nod at him he rises to his feet picks his cup up pours more coffee stops beside me. "So, what else is left to do?". It seems like he wants it all done and to make sure it is all perfect. "The centrepieces need to be picked and that is the last thing on the list you gave me," He nods.

"Good. Trust you have been shopping for the perfect dress?" He is stood to my left side, facing the window I am facing the doorway to the lounge. So, we are almost in front of each other. "I have a dress already." Place my cup down on the counter. He shakes his head places his cup on the counter grabs my hand. "Scott, what are you doing?" I ask surprised, while he is marching us to the door.

"We are going shopping to get you a dress." Pull back from him he pins me to the wall. His hands on either side of my head. "Harper, I thought we talked about this?" Nod he grabs my hand, and we leave. Whenever he gets like this, I melt, the soft demanding tone makes me melt. What can I say he makes me shiver with want? I can't feel this way, he's in love with someone. Can't let my heart, break again. It will send me crashing to the pit of the well. Just hope she doesn't mind me living here.

**********************

We enter the first store. I walk towards the main part where the casual dresses are, but he had other ideas. Takes my hand not letting go again he strides through the store to where the expensive cocktail dresses are. We have people staring at us. "This is where you will find the perfect dress." Roll my eyes, he shakes his head takes a seat calls the assistant to assist me. Trying on gods knows how many until he sits up staring at me. "That is the one. Do you like it?" Shaking my head. "Keep looking." He is so, demanding. Carried on looking.

"Scott, I already have a dress." He stands steps close to me takes my hand. "Harper, please be a bit more enthusiastic about finding the perfect dress." Slouching my shoulders. "To be honest I don't want to go. With what just happened. I'm not ready to celebrate." Trying to be honest with him. He does not look amused with what I'm saying.

"Harper, I need you to be there to watch Lexi." Roll my eyes step to the rail to find a dress. Did find one. Scott liked it, so I went with it. A classic off the shoulder electric blue lace dress, just above the knee. "We will have to arrange a hairdresser to come to the Penthouse to do your hair and Lexi's." Now that is where I draw the line. "No, thank you" He creases his brows steps back from me. "The last hairdresser fucked my hair up so never again." We stroll to the counter to pay for the dress and shoes. Handing over my card he takes it snaps it in half then hands her a card. "Scott, that's my card." He smirks takes the card from the woman hands me it.

"That is your new card." She hands him a bag and we leave. Not questioning him about the card or even want to know about it. We get in the limo where we go to have lunch at a restaurant.

******************

We are shown to our seats he orders a bottle of wine. Look around to see people staring at us. Well, they are staring at him. He is a multi-billionaire so why wouldn't they stare. Plus, he is astonishingly good-looking, sexy, tall dark hair. Always looks like he's not shaved which is appealing. He reeks with self-confidence and he knows what he wants.

I have known him for just over eight months and still find out new things about him. His heart is big plus he cares deeply for his sister. It takes courage to take a role on of being a parent, but he does it with no questions. He can get a little uptight if something is wrong, but he always smiles no matter how he is feeling. Just wish he would stop making me feel weak at the knees.

We order but he stares at me like he is reading me, wanting to know what my thoughts are. He pours the wine taking his glass in his fingers holding it up for me to touch his glass. We say cheers take a sip place our glasses on the table. "So, you have done everything on the list?" He asks. "I have. Everything you wanted to be done, is done." Place my hands on my lap. "I just need to make sure you don't run away." What is he getting at? "Now why would I run? When you are the host." He smirks picks his glass up takes a mouthful.

"I'm the host and I want you to be there." Smiling at him he raises his brows. "Harper, I mean what I said." There he goes again making me weak. When will he realise what he does to me? Nod at him we sit to eat our meal which I do not eat much. He shakes his head in disbelieve. "You need to start eating properly." His demanding calm tone is making my core melt feeling the pulsating between my legs.

He is getting too close and I'm letting him. I really need to move out to find my own place. "Scott, I think it's time I found somewhere to live." He puts his cutlery down his face changed shape. "You think? When I have already told you, you will live with me and I was very blunt about it." He sounded annoyed. Looking at my hands on my lap not wanting to say anything else or to upset him. He finished his meal.

"I should leave. Lexi is due to be collected from school." Push my chair out to stand. He stands to grab my hand. "You are running. I told you not to run." The backs of his fingers smooth over my cheek almost losing my balance.

His gentle touch sending a pulse through my entire body waking my inner core. What had this guy done to me? Making me weak at the knees, melting into water. He sure had a tight grip on my heart. Making me fall in love with him. Yes, I can emit I am falling in love with him. 

********************************

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER

COMMENT AND VOTE

THANK YOU FOR READING