LAST STANCE

H A R P E R P O V

Showered and dressed, ready to make my way to the kitchen for breakfast. Just hope Scott is ready to talk and listen to what I have to say? Stepped out through my door to the stairs, looking down into the hallway where Scott stood staring at me.

Take a deep breath before proceeding to walk down the stairs, taking each step slowly. He stands there in his black suit with no tie, looking smart, sexy, holding his cup in one hand and the other combs through his spiked hair. Must say he looks all refreshed from what I saw last night, it's a different man.

Take the last step to stand in the hallway with his gaze still upon me. "Morning, Harper." His soft, sexy voice gives me a warm shiver down my back. "Morning." Just one word is all I say as I step into the kitchen to grab a tea. 

Approached the counter to make myself a tea with Scott following. He sits at the table, waiting for me to speak to him. Grab my tea and joined him. Take a deep breath, closed my eyes for a few seconds to compose myself before speaking, but Scott speaks first. "Harper, I received the divorce papers." He bows his head, looking at his coffee cup.

Sit up straight placed one hand around my hot cup as I opened my mouth. "I can never forgive you. Not this time so, please just sign the papers." Staring at him, he lifts his head to look at me with tears shaking his head. "Harper, I'm sorry for my foolish decisions. I should have spoken to you from the start and treated you with respect. Baby," He pauses and stands, sliding his hands in his trouser pockets.

He steps back looking at me letting his tears fall thinking of his words to say."For what I did I have no excuse for but to just walk away from our marriage I'm finding it hard. I love you and yes, I know I keep telling you and I know what a jerk I've been. But all I can do is tell you what my heart feels and how my body aches for you to be near me," Here he goes making it all about him. This is the problem. He's not listening to me.

Picked my cup up to take a mouthful when he sits beside me, pulling his chair close to me. He tilts his body, takes my spare hand, holding gently with both his. "I deserve the anger you have and the punch," He moves his jaw where I punched him four weeks ago. "Baby, I got caught up with all Mel's lies, believing every word she said until she said something which made me think. When I told her I found her a place to stay, she went raging outta control, telling me I didn't care about her or love her. I laughed at her, telling her I never loved her and I didn't care for her. I was only looking out for my son," His sorrow is deep and he's telling me everything.

Take my hand from him to stand stepped over to the sink to place the cup on the counter. Gazed out the window to see the sun and blue sky turn to face Scott as I leaned on the counter, folding my arms. "Scott, what's to say this happens again and you turn on me, not talking, being distant. You shut me out completely. Not even looking at me or touched me. How do you think I felt? And the way she would walk around like this was her place in my home. I felt like an outsider, like I was imposing. When I tried to talk to you, you wouldn't listen," Shake my head as I stared at him sitting at the table watching his face change shape from my pitiful words.

I could tell him how I feel and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference with his excuses. "Scott, this marriage is over. You have broken me to the point I have no forgiveness but anger. My tormented heart from all the hatred and spiteful words can't take it. I can't take it. I've grown bitter over the last few weeks of Mel being here and I'm done," Put my hands up in surrender to show him I'm not going to back down and fall at his feet no matter how much grovelling he does. 

Turned to look out the window, closing my eyes to hold back tears. I will not cry for him anymore or put up with his words when they clearly don't mean anything to him. He's done this himself, and he can't blame me this time. Step back to turn Scott stands places his hand on my shoulder wanting me to look at him. 

He moves his hand, takes a loud deep breath. "Harper, please look at me," Slowly turn to face him to see the sadness and regret. "I'm sorry I hurt you so deeply, I will sign the papers. I know how you feel, my heart is breaking. I won't cause you any more grieve but I will always be here if you need me. I will always love you," He skims his thumb along my jawline, making me close my eyes. Feel his warm lips gently pressed to mine, open my eyes as he raises his head, steps back to leave. 

I tried my utmost to keep my tears from falling, but they do with so much heartache. It feels like someone I love just died, that's how much I'm aching. Wiped my eyes and cheeks sniffed licked my lips stepped out into the hallway to head to the bedroom. 

There is no point hanging around here feeling the way I do I will only cave with his demanding sexy voice. I will go weak at the knees and the next thing I know I'm naked in his bed with my fingers gently gliding over his warm skin.

Yep, I'm weak and when he handed me the divorce papers his luring eyes begging me to let him have me. And what the hell do I do? Let him take me to tell me what he wanted with his smooth, sexy words. "This will be the last time I will get to embrace your beautiful body," He kisses me long and hard, making sure I don't forget how he feels. How he touches me with his hands, his tongue and his body as he grinds slowly against me.

My little moans are whispers with my heavy breathing. I'm sorry, but my body caved from just his simple soft touch and his sexy voice. Goodbye sex. Is there such a thing as goodbye sex? There is now, for me and boy, all my core muscles are tingling with pleasure. His tongue teasing my nipple, his throbbing cock thrusting deep inside pushing making me cum hard. 

He pounds satisfying his need for pleasure making sure I feel every push. His lips move to mine, demanding me to kiss him, to taste his sweetness, to moan into his mouth. He pushes one last time with a deep throat moan, filling me with his seed. It was perfect to feel all my senses wake, to feel the fullness and to remember what he felt like.

He rests upon his elbows our eyes lock for a few minutes staring at each other locking away the last memory we will ever share. He slides to the side of me, pulling the sheet over us as we calm our breathing down. Turn my head to look at the nightstand to see the divorce papers. Close my eyes for a few seconds before rising to my feet, gathering all my clothes.

Scott rolls to his side, resting on his elbow with his hand by his ear. Shake my head at him, grab the papers and leave. Enter my room for a shower and to pack my case. Just because we had sex for most of the day, doesn't mean I forgive him. I have the divorce and he's signed I can leave a happy woman and forget about the anguish he's put me through.

Grab my case ready to leave, ready to have a fresh start and treat this as a learning curve. Scott steps towards me with his hands in his trouser pockets, smiles. "Harper, I will always be here for you. Take care of yourself and you will always be my baby girl, I love you," He leans into me for a kiss. "Scott, I'm sure you will find a woman to spend your life with. For me, I have given up and I'm shutting my heart away. I love you," He opens the door for me to leave but not before he grabs my hand smiled at him he slowly releases my hand and I walk away not looking back.

THE END

*************************

HOPE YOU HAVE ENJOYED THE BONUS CHAPTERS?

NOT SURE IF I SHOULD WRITE ANOTHER STORY OR JUST CARRY ON?

WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS

THANK YOU FOR READING