BONUS CHAPTER PART THREE

H A R P E R  P O V

Settled into a room at a luxury hotel for the night, before taking off tomorrow to start afresh. Laid on the bed, staring into the darkness, thinking that's all I do is think. I'm fed up with how Scott didn't even listen or take notice of what I said. 

Rolled to my side to close my eyes and try to sleep, but it's not happening. I finally thought I would have my happy ending being married to Scott. Guess I was wrong in so many ways to trust him or to listen and to think I forgave him. He should have told me about her before we married, and just maybe things would have been different?

Who am I kidding, I should have known with all the mishaps on our wedding day there would be no happiness for me? Good old Harper will take everything in her stride and turn a blind eye to what is actually going on.  

Three weeks of our marriage have been so amazing, and I loved every second, but the last three have been hell. He thought with having Mel and his son stay, would help him build a bond with the child. To be honest, I feel sorry for the little boy. The poor child doesn't know what the hell is going on or who Scott is. 

Take a deep breath as I swing my legs from the bed to step into the bathroom. Switched the light on to look in the mirror at my face. I looked drained, which is no wonder with what's happened and the stress. Turn to step into the room to grab a file and scan over it, trying to take my mind off Scott. I might as well do some work if I can't sleep beats pondering. 

A short while later, my eyes feel heavy with reading. Placed the file on the side as I sit on the bed ready to fall asleep. Get comfy, switch the light out to fall asleep. 

*****

Another day begins and I have such high hopes of getting some normality in my life. Slide into the car heading to the airport to board the plane for England. Glanced at my mobile, which will not stop vibrating from the persistence of Scott ringing constantly to get my attention. 

What the hell does he expect? The marriage wouldn't work with his ex-girlfriend living with us. When we are newlyweds, it's not normal     

Stared out the window as the car pulled onto the tarmac where the jet is waiting. Placed my mobile in the bag take a deep breath to wait for the driver to get the door. Grab my bag step onto the tarmac to face the steps of the jet. Glanced around me, shaking my head as I walk towards the steps of the plane. 

Enter the plane and stop to see a bouquet of white roses and lilies. Closed my eyes for a second and when I open them Scott steps out from the room at the back of the plane. Went to turn, but he stops me, taking my hand in his. Shake my head as I pulled my hand from his. "Harper, please don't leave," Pulling away from him to exit the jet he stands in the way.

Can't understand why he thinks I will just forgive him and to play happy families. I have nothing to say to him end off. "Scott, my lawyer will be contacting yours." He looks at me, shakes his head with glazed watery eyes. "I love you. I don't want Mel or anyone else I want you. You are my wife," "Just stop," Put my hands up in front to stop him from pleading. My voice is raised and I'm pissed off with his pleading all the fucking time. 

He falls to his knees begging me, pleading his love, telling me how much he needs me. "Harper, I will not go another four years without you in my life. I'm sorry I screwed up and I should have listened to you," Turn from him shaking my head, not wanting to see him on his knees asking me to forgive him. 

My heart and body ache from all the scars from guys who treat me like I don't exist and playing with my emotions. With my back to him, my mouth opens. "Scott, please leave me alone I don't want to be near you and I got no more to say to you." Turn to face him as his tears fall. "There is no us this is not a marriage, not what I envisioned married life would be," I said what I needed to say. 

He rises to his feet, wipes his eyes to look at me. "Harper, I hurt you I know but, please come home with me? So we can talk, and I promise Mel is good as gone. I will rent a room for her and find her a place she can live in. Baby, please," He's not giving up with begging, but if I meant anything to him, he would have listened. 

His eyes lock onto mine, waiting for me to say something to him, to fall into his arms. No matter how much he wants me to fall into his embrace and act like everything is fine. I can't falter to his demanding voice when he's in the wrong. 

Why should I be the one to surrender when I'm the one who is emotionally hurt by him? "Just leave and return to Mel," I whisper my words as I take my seat. He shakes his head, not taking heed from what I'm saying. "Scott, leave," I said with inflamed anger. All he does is steps closer to me until he's in front where he kneels. 

Closed my eyes. Not wanting to look at him, he makes me sick with his promised words. But yet deep down he knows he won't walk away from Mel, not when she has his son. "Harper, baby. I promise with all my heart to make it right, to put this right. Just please don't leave and give up on us," He cups my cheeks, I'm pulling away but I don't have much room to get away. 

His thumbs glide under my eyes, wiping the tears of pain which he caused. He leans in wanting to kiss my cheek, move my head from him. He takes his hands from me. "I love you," He stands, wipes his eyes, steps to the door to leave but stops to look at me before he exits the plane. 

Take a deep breath and sigh with relief. "You got some fucking nerve to plead with me after you wouldn't listen to me," I vent, taking my seat belt off and stepping off the plane to give him a piece of me. Scott spins to stare at me storming towards him with my fists ready to knock him out. 

I stepped right up to him and punched him; it felt so fucking good to let the anger out. "All you have done is take from me. Demanding me to be at your beck and call to obey your every need. Not once did I ever complain to you or tell you no? But soon as an ex-girlfriend comes knocking, you don't want to know me. And you drop me like I'm a piece of trash. I'm your fucking wife, not one of your ex-s." Venting my rage trying to make my point so he would shut up and listen to me. 

He stands in front of me, shocked and dazed from punching him. Rubs his cheek where my fist made contact, leaving a red noticeable mark. I just wanted to get the anger out so he knew I would not take his shit any longer. Turn to walk back to the jet and I hear him mumble under his breath but I don't catch what he said. 

I couldn't be bothered and carried on to board the plane. "I take it I'll see you in a week when you get back. I will make sure Mel's gone, I promise." Rolled my eyes as I take my seat once again and the door closes. Put my belt on, take a deep breath, smile, thinking he's going to have a shock in a week. I'm not coming back.

*****************

WOULD LIKE TO READ YOUR COMMENTS

THANK YOU FOR READING

NOT ALL STORIES HAVE HAPPY ENDINGS