I

'ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴇɢʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴍᴇ ɴᴏᴡ, ɪ'ʟʟ ꜱᴀᴠᴏʀ ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴇᴍᴘᴛɪɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴅᴇꜰɪɴᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜ.

ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴛᴏʀᴛᴜʀᴇᴅ ꜱᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴍʏ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ ᴀʀᴇ ʙᴏᴜɴᴅ.

ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱʜᴀʟʟᴏᴡɴᴇꜱꜱ ᴄᴏɴꜰɪɴᴇꜱ ʏᴏᴜ.'

Beginning

It's been two years since you met your housemates. Over the time you've spent with them, not only have you formed three great friendships, but you've also joined their investigation group. When they were all in high school together they had found each other through a horror club. It was a club where people would gather together to watch horror movies, which honestly sounded very cool. They had discovered their similarities when Emery started talking about how the movie messed up some of the legends surrounding the creature it featured. Sadie and Jade both agreed, and they all bonded over their love for the paranormal. As they got to know each other they began discussing their beliefs in various creatures. They all found that they believed in spirits and several other 'myths.' That's how the group started up, ever since they've been practically attached at the hip. They used to have research sleepovers, and now they all live together, plus you.

It felt great to find yourself living with like-minded people. Everyone was respectful while debating the logistics of certain things, and the house felt like a safe space. The four of you would make sure to schedule times when you all would gather in the living room and discuss the things you found. They even had one binder that they'd add to whenever they found out something new. They added theories, facts, evidence, whatever would help them find the truth.

Recently your group had been focused on the being that is titled Slenderman. Ever since you all watched the movie one uneventful Friday, everyone agreed that he'd be the next project. It was funny really, the movie had gotten the lore so mixed up, it didn't even seem like the character it was based off. It was sad, yet funny. The movie was almost like a mockery of him. First off, you cannot summon him by watching some weird cryptic video. Second of all, none of the rituals they used made any sense. Lastly, the movie was all over the place, nothing was coherent or consistent. Overall, the movie was terrible to anyone that knew anything about the being. After seeing that monstrosity, your group couldn't help but want to find out more, and so you did.

Sadie sat beside Emery on one couch while you and Jade sat on the other. The television was turned off, and laptops sat before everyone. On the coffee table was the binder that held all of their findings so far. Now it was time to discuss everything that your group had found the past few days. First, it was the theories of his existence,

"Everyone found the Tulpa theory, right?" Sadie began with a question. Everyone nodded, "Alright, I don't think this one is possible. Lots of kids believe in Santa Claus, but he isn't real."

Emery chuckled at her example and smiled, "Yeah, there are too many holes in that theory."

You tilted your head a bit, "I did think that it could make sense, but now that you bring that up I agree." Jade nodded and looked down to her screen,

"What about the theory that he's a faery?" She asked,

"Hm... well that could be possible, but he'd be rather strong for a faery." Sadie shrugged.

"Well if it's true that he gains power from stealing kids or whatever, maybe he's just gotten stronger." Emery explained, "I think it's more realistic than any of the other theories."

You nodded, "Yeah, the quantum theory or the fourth dimension stuff doesn't seem possible."

"Unless all of these are bull, I think it's either this one or the fourth dimension theory," Jade mumbled.