XI

The night quickly passed, though it took you at least an hour to finally fall asleep, and soon it was morning.

"Wake up."

A few incoherent words were mumbled before you rolled over and squinted up at the man who currently acted as your alarm clock, Hoodie. You yawned and rubbed your eyes as you slowly sat up. He was now wearing his signature outfit and standing in his signature pose, arms crossed with an apathetic stare.

"Today you'll learn the basics of combat. If you cooperate you'll be fed, if you don't you won't eat until tomorrow." He calmly stated.

You gave a slight nod. Were you going to be bribed with food? No, but cooperating was already a part of your plan. In order to have any chance of getting the hell out of here, you needed to win at least a bit of trust, food would just be a perk.

Hoodie turned around and headed for the door, "Stand up, and follow me."

You did as he said without a word. Cooperating was the last thing you wanted too, you really just wanted to punch him in the face and run away, but you couldn't. As much as you wanted to hand your shitty treatment back to him, escape was the priority. Getting your friends out of here was all that mattered.

Hoodie led you down to the living room and into the kitchen. While the house seemed to be filled with antiques, all of their appliances were as modern as they got. While it killed the house's vibe of feeling like you were living a few decades earlier, you understood that it was for convenience's sake. The countertops were made from white and black marble while the cabinets were a dark gray, the fridge and the handles the same color. Hoodie opened the pantry door and revealed shelves upon shelves of various foods,

"What do you want?" He asked, glancing back at you.

Your eyes scanned through several boxes of cereal, oatmeal, and protein bars, "Uh... oatmeal." You pointed to a box labeled apples and cinnamon which he grabbed upon your request. You were initially a bit shocked that he actually asked for your opinion, but you quickly shrugged it off. Hoodie walked out of the pantry and shut the door behind him. You watched as he got out a bowl, poured in the packet, and added water before putting it in the microwave. He leaned against the counter and stared out the window, his posture a bit more relaxed than usual. You followed his gaze and watched as a light breeze made the trees sway in the distance. The forest was calm and seemed rather peaceful. But you knew it would be an obstacle in the future. A labyrinth of trees and shadows. A place you weren't familiar with, yet they were.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

Snapping both of you out of your thoughts was the microwave that now held a bowl of steaming oatmeal. Hoodie sighed and shut it off, opening the door and taking out the bowl. He set it to the side, completely unbothered by its radiating heat, and grabbed a spoon out of a drawer before bringing it over to the table.

You hesitantly walked over and sat down as Hoodie walked back into the kitchen and grabbed what looked to be a vanilla protein bar. You looked down to the bowl with a thought-filled sigh. What was training even going to be like? You didn't know much about hand to hand, let alone using weapons. This was all new to you, and even worse you were supposed to use this knowledge against your friends. You weren't sure if they all thought that your group just didn't give a shit about each other, or if your care for each other was exactly why they chose to do this. To make you all suffer even more. Why just murder them when you can fuck with their heads first, right? These sickos were so much worse than you ever could have imagined.

Hoodie returned to the table but instead of sitting down he only hovered over you as he ate, pushing up his mask a bit for access. You frowned as you picked up the spoon and scooped up a bit of the cinnamon-scented mush. You slowly brought it to your mouth and took a small bite. It had a surprising amount of flavor rather than the blandness you had originally expected. Then again, you hadn't indulged in oatmeal for quite some time.