Jeff Ending

———

PLAYLIST

——

Reader Recommendations

Arachnophobia by Meth Wax

Blow My Brains Out by Jerranis

Jeff was a man that was very hard to understand. From his mannerisms to his decisions you never really knew what he was thinking. That hadn't changed one bit. No matter how much time you spent with him he still remained a mystery to you, but you'd grown accustomed to it by now.

Now that the man wasn't quite as violent or insulting towards you, you found you didn't really mind being around him anymore. There wasn't a reason for you to be afraid of him anymore. Of course you were still cautious, but he'd bluntly told you he didn't want to kill you. You felt as safe as one could in a mansion full of serial killers around him.

Jeff even seemed to like having your company. He'd admitted how lonely he was, albeit in a much more him way, but you still knew what he meant and what he seemed to want. He was the definition of a loose canon. He didn't have much control over how he showed his emotions which made him someone the rest wanted to avoid. Jeff was known for his unprovoked hostility, and no one seemed to want to bother.

He wasn't an easy person to get along with, but in the moments you two spent on the couch silently watching whatever was on tv he almost seemed nice.

It was getting late. You'd spent a better part of the day on the couch and you weren't planning on moving from it anytime soon. The velvety red cushions of the couch had entrapped you in their comfort. You were alone until sometime after dinner. Jeff hadn't been around all day, but about an hour after sunset the floor door was flung open and Jeff came sauntering in. Wearing a smirk and fresh splatters of blood, he sent you a smile before heading upstairs. You knew what he'd just done, but you couldn't bring yourself to even cringe.

Sometime later he returned with his hair damp and tied up into a low and fittingly messy bun. His clothes were casual and loose fitting, now following a monochromatic black color scheme. He seemed to be in a good mood. His expression was a look of content as he sunk into the couch and looked at the television. You were watching some old horror movie from the 80's with classic ketchup-like blood splatter and a classic killer. Slasher movies more or less followed the same rules. There was a final girl, and there were her friends or peers who all died or betrayed her. It was comforting in a sense that not much ever changed.

Jeff didn't seem to mind your selection. The movie seemed right up his alley. Murderous, dark, and full of screaming people.

Jeff suddenly turned his head and made eye contact. He blinked before asking, "What? Somethin' on my face?" There was, a bandaid was there probably due to whatever he'd been doing all day.

You shook your head before looking away, "No."

From your peripheral vision you knew Jeff didn't like your answer but he surprisingly decided not to pry.

A moment later he decided to bring up another topic. "...You been out here all day?" You weren't sure why he was attempting small talk, but you didn't mind it.

You nodded, "Yeah, there's not much else to do."

The room fell back into silence apart from the tv. You looked at Jeff again and asked, "What happened to your face?"

A grin immediately spread across his lips as he sarcastically replied, "Which part?"

"The bandaid."

He hummed and nodded, "Some asshole pulled a knife earlier."

"...Why?" You weren't sure if you wanted the answer.

Jeff's smile only widened, "Why do you think?"

You frowned and nodded, accepting your assumptions as the answer. You knew he wasn't a good person. You didn't know what you'd expected. It wasn't like someone was going to mug Jeff in the street. That wouldn't end well.

Jeff sighed and leaned his head back against the couch, "You worried about me? Cause you really shouldn't be."

"I wasn't. I was just curious." You replied with a huff.

"Good." He let out half of a chuckle before letting his eyes fall closed.

Jeff seemed tired. He'd always had some especially purple eye bags lying beneath his stark blue eyes, but it always seemed like he was riding an adrenaline high. He was always smiling, always cracking jokes at others expense, always ready to start something. But now he looked calm, relaxed even.

It was a nice look on him.

A yawn broke you out of your thoughts and you turned your focus back to the tv. You leaned into the embrace of the couch, letting every still second lull you to sleep.

Your eyes fluttered closed as the sounds of the world drowned themselves out and you slipped into sleep.

4/10 very reckless and not very considerate but sometimes he tries

Sorry for the shorter ending, I didn't really know what to do with this lol. Anyways, there's still one more ending left!It's not quite over yet!