XXXIII

It took about an hour for you to be able to fall asleep, your mind finally at ease. You never moved from the corner though, just curling into a ball to make yourself seem smaller. Nothing could hurt you in this room, but the corner was the only place you felt truly safe at the moment.

Your eyes fluttered shut as you hugged the pillow tighter to your chest, sleep slowly taking over your senses.

𓂂𐬹⊗☆☆☆⊗𐬹𓂂

When you opened your eyes you knew something was wrong. It was cold, too cold, and the area around you held nothing but darkness. You looked around for any source of light or just anything at all, but there was nothing but black. It felt as though you were swimming through an ice bath of pitch black. You couldn't see anything, but all of your senses screamed at you that something was very wrong.

And then you saw. But what you saw was anything but comforting. Emery came crawling out of the darkness, clearly trying to speak but the knife stuck in her throat prevented her from making any noise but a pitiful gurgle.

You stared in shock before taking a step forward. But you hadn't wanted to move. And in your hands, you felt a weight that hadn't been there previously. Glancing down you saw a baseball bat, the baseball bat.

Oh no.

You didn't want to move but something made you, you couldn't control your own limbs. Your eyes were wide with horror as your arms lifted up the baseball bat as Emery stopped just before you and looked up. Her hazel eyes shone with sadness in the nonexistent light of the void you currently stood in.

No. Not again. Please... not again.

Your eyes were filled with tears, but whatever force was controlling you wouldn't even give you the relief to let them free. With the baseball bat now fully raised above your head, you were made to stare down into Emery's eyes. You were immediately filled with overwhelming guilt. Not her too. But your opinion obviously didn't matter as your arms were forced down, slamming the bat into Emery's head.

Over and over again you brought the bat down, splattering her brains and blood all over the black floor. Blood and chunks of red coated the bat while Emery's skull had turned into nothing but mush and matted, bloody hair.

Only when she was entirely unrecognizable did your arms finally stop moving. You still didn't cry. You weren't allowed to.

Emery remained laying there as your body turned around, now facing another figure emerging from the depths. This time it was Sadie, her pale skin already bruised with both dried and fresh blood dripping from her head.

You didn't want to do this. You didn't want to have to do this again. They were already dead, yet you had to kill them all over again.

The abyss-like room you were in only grew colder as Sadie limped over to you before eventually stumbling and falling at your feet. She looked up at you just as Emery had, but the life in her eyes was already gone.

"I'm sorry..." She repeated the last words she had said to you before attacking during the fights. But now she did nothing, her watery eyes only staring up at you with fear and sadness. You knew she hadn't wanted to fight you, after all, you had felt the same. You weren't angry with her, you were angry with yourself.

But that didn't stop the force from making you beat her head in just as you had done to Emery. Soon enough her brain matter laid in chunks across the floor and now two motionless, bloody corpses were laying before and behind you.

You turned around yet again, but this time to the side. There stood Jade, only about a foot away from you. Her eyes held anger instead of the coldness they used to have. In her eyes was a look of hate, and it was directed towards you.