XXVI

Before I get to starting the next chapter, I'd just like to explain the endings.

I'm sure you can already guess what 4/6 endings are going to be, but there are two more that will not be revealed until they are posted, though I wouldn't be surprised if some of you already have a pretty good idea of what they're going to be.

None of these endings will be canon in this story, you get to choose your own ending once they are all finished. The ending that will be revealed next chapter is the only one that will be singularly uploaded, the other five will be posted together.

So no, it's not the end. After the first ending the story will continue as if that ending didn't happen. There is still some plot left to this story, so the final end is not exactly near yet

//

The next few minutes were extremely tense as Masky just sighed in relief and Hoodie waved you off to go sit back down. You did as instructed with a frown while he just went back to silently making you food. Eventually, a plate with two fried eggs was placed in front of you as well as a fork. You nodded in thanks as you began to eat, Hoodie still saying nothing as he stepped away to make himself something.

You picked at your food with a frown, taking a small bite every now and then since you knew you needed to eat. Your stomach had been churning with worries before Jeff had decided to torment you, but now you just felt worse. Your appetite was entirely nonexistent, but the last thing you wanted was to be hungry whilst fighting to the death.

Now multiple things were worrying you. The fight of course, and now the fact that your captors are probably immortal. Everything about these people and this place was absolutely unreal, but now even more so since death was apparently something they couldn't experience normally. Jeff had gotten shot in the head and almost immediately sprang back to life. You were very confused, to say the least.

Only half an egg was eaten before Hoodie returned with what looked to be a microwaveable breakfast sandwich for himself. He silently sat beside you while Masky finally finished what he was making and walked over to the couch, leaving the two of you alone.

You kept your eyes down, your reappearing nerves eating at your mind. Then suddenly Hoodie reached out and gently pat your head. You looked to him with surprise, but before you could even raise a brow in question he simply stated,

"Everything's going to be okay."

You blinked a bit as he retracted his hand to move up his mask and begin eating.

Your shock turned into a frown before you muttered, "But it's not though..."

Hoodie sighed at your words, "And why's that?"

"Why do you think? The last fight is today, and even if I somehow do win, I might still die in the end." You explained, your voice holding a bit of nervous annoyance, which he definitely picked up.

He shook his head a bit and frowned, "You really think I'd kill you after all of this?"

You scoffed in disbelief, "How am I supposed to know? The last time I asked, you said you didn't know, and I doubt-"

Before you could finish your sentence he rudely cut you off, "I have decided. If you win I'm not going to kill you."

You didn't have a response to that statement, so your mouth just fell open in surprise. Your heart strangely fluttered at his words as your mind seemed to repeat them over and over again in your head. So he was keeping you?