XVIII

Time passed quickly, too quickly. The morning of the last day before the fights had arrived, and you were not looking forward to what awaited you. Yesterday was spent mostly reviewing what you already knew, you worked a bit more on hand-to-hand before returning to the baseball bat. The bat turned out to be more useful than one might think, it being good for both offense and defense. It was pretty light as well, allowing you to swing it whichever way you needed without it dragging you down. You were impressed by how quickly you had picked up your newly acquired skills, but you couldn't find much joy in it because of what it was meant to be used for. Tomorrow you'd be asked to bash in your friend's skulls. You couldn't do that. You knew you couldn't, but you also knew they wouldn't take no for an answer.

You sighed before pushing yourself up and stretching a bit, your joints producing a satisfying crack. You looked over to Hoodie who sat on the edge of his bed watching you silently, like usual. Yesterday was strange, stranger than most days considering you were in a mansion full of serial killers. Hoodie had barely spoken, most of the time just staring at you, and since you couldn't see his face, you had no idea what was going through his head. Yeah, he had a habit of staring, but he was doing it a lot more than he used to. You weren't sure what was going on with him, but you assumed it probably had something to do with the fights that were happening tomorrow, which you were very worried about as well. But something told you that you didn't share the same worries as him.

You had no idea what to expect tomorrow. Were they going to make you all fight each other at once, or would you be paired off? If so, who was fighting who? You were afraid. You had no control over the situation, and now you were stuck, and so was everyone else. Death was hovering over you like a dark cloud, and it would rain down its wrath in only a few hours. Whether you'd die or one of your friends would, it didn't make much of a difference. Someone was probably going to die tomorrow, it was just a matter of who.

Hoodie suddenly stood up and walked over to his closet, which was now kept locked, and took out the black metal baseball bat you were meant to use.

"Come on." He ordered as he glanced back down at you before heading to the door. You quickly got up and followed after him.

You were led through the hallway and down the stairs, the same path you had been down so many times before. Everything seemed to repeat, but tomorrow that would change. Tomorrow would change a lot of things, none of which you were looking forward to. You were brought into the familiar kitchen where Hoodie simply poured you a bowl of cereal and told you to sit down. He got himself his usual protein bar, though it was chocolate flavored this time, and sat beside you, which was also new. Instead of standing behind you not saying a word, he'd now sit beside you, though he still didn't speak. You supposed it didn't matter much, but it certainly made you curious.

You ate slowly, only nibbling on each spoonful of the cereal you were instructed to eat. Your appetite was nonexistent, your stomach hurting with worries rather than hunger. Every time you thought of tomorrow and the bloodbath it could turn out to be, you felt nauseous. You weren't sure what you were going to do yet, your options were to either let them kill you or fight, but you didn't want to do either. You didn't want to be a part of this stupid game, you just wanted to return to your shared townhouse and go back to researching poltergeists. Everything was fine then. Everything was fine until your group moved on to researching Slenderman. Had you have known what would have happened, you wouldn't have even dared to speak its name, let alone roam its forests aimlessly. You had made so many mistakes, and now you had to deal with the fatal consequences.

Hoodie cleared his throat to get your attention and tilted his head a bit, seemingly urging you to eat faster. You sighed before complying, shoveling the rest of the cereal into your mouth. After a couple of minutes, you pushed the empty bowl away which Hoodie took and put in the sink. Without having to even be asked, you got up and pushed your chair in, preparing to be led outside for what could be your final lesson.