XV

"Well I never woulda thought you'd still be in the mansion," Jeff snickered as he set aside his food and stood back up, his grin only widening. "Wonder how the hell those pricks didn't find ya earlier." He took a few steps forward, blocking your path as he pulled out his knife, "then again, one ain't got eyes while the other's just a fuckin idiot."

You could feel your heart beating wildly in your chest as you stared up at probably the most violent man in this house. Both you and Sadie seemed to be frozen in fear, words leaving neither of your mouths. You were beyond terrified, and your hands were already visibly shaking as you tightly gripped your baseball bat.

"Whatcha gonna do with that?" Jeff sneered as he pointed his knife right at you, his eyes lowering to your weapon. A moment passed before he giggled at your lack of response and mockingly asked, "how's it feel to be ratted out by one of your friends? Shitty, right?" He turned his head to look at Jade with a smirk, "no one likes snitches after all."

His gaze fell back on you as he tilted his head, "you gotta be real mad, right? 'Specially since you're gonna get the shit beaten outta ya later." His blue eyes glinted with amusement as he moved closer, the shining edge of his blade threatening to push forward.

CLANG

Surprising the both of you was Sadie swiftly bring her club up and whacking the knife out of Jeff's hand. It clattered to the ground a few feet away, and before he could retrieve it, you raised your bat and brought it down on the side of his knee. He let out a snarl as he crumbled to the ground, giving you enough time to get to your feet and bring your bat down a second time, but this time right on top of his head. Sadie followed suit, and once Jeff stopped trying to fight back, you both stepped over his unconscious body and into the center of the living room.

Adrenaline pumped through your veins, and though you were still terrified, you were determined to keep going. Looking over to Sadie with her readied club and widened eyes, it seemed she felt the same. You had just knocked out Jeff the killer. A man you previously thought to be a fictional edgy teenager with a thirst for blood. But now he was something more. He was a guy who had chased you through the woods, knocked you out, and brainwashed one of your best friends. He was now someone you had come to hate, and you felt absolutely no sympathy for his fallen form lying on the wooden floor.

The only thing about this situation that made you hesitate, was Jade. She had betrayed you, and now all she did was stare up at you blankly as she sat on the couch. Jeff had broken her, and you honestly weren't sure what to do.

"Jade?" Sadie suddenly called out, cautiously stepping forward. Jade didn't react, her eyes not moving from your own, almost as if she was in a trance. Sadie bit her lip in clear distress before rushing to her side and grabbing her by her shoulders, "snap out of it!"

"Sadie-" you began only to be cut off when Jade harshly shoved Sadie back, causing her to stumble and soon fall to the floor. And that's when Jeff lunged. He quickly got up and shot forward, pinning Sadie to the floor before landing a couple of solid punches to her face. His hands slid down to her throat and he squeezed with every ounce of strength he had.

You gritted your teeth and moved forward, raising your bat once more in preparation to hit him.

THUD

Your eyes widened with shock as you whipped around to face the noise. There, on the ground wielding a knife, was Jade. And the man who had tackled her to the ground, Hoodie. You paled, both for the fact that Jade had just literally tried to stab you in the back, and that Hoodie had returned right in the middle of your failed escape attempt. This situation only seemed to get shittier as the minutes flew by.

"Stop." Hoodie ordered as he removed the knife from your friend's hand and tossed it to the side where Masky and Jack stood. Jeff didn't seem to get the hint though, his eyes burning with hatred and anger. His grip did anything but loosen around Sadie's neck as she clawed at his hands desperately.

Masky stormed over to the two of them and promptly kicked Jeff off of her, the toe of his boot knocking the wind out of him and leaving him wheezing on the floor. Sadie gasped for air as tears streamed down her face, simultaneously trying to breathe while choking back her sobs. Masky glared down at her from beneath his mask as he clenched his fists. The mood in this room was as tense as tense got, and you could feel the irritation radiating off of each and every person standing around you.

You let your baseball bat fall to the floor as Hoodie stood up and without another word snatched your wrist and pulled you towards the staircase.

The sound of Jeff grumbling curses up at Masky and Sadie doing her best not to cry faded into the distance as Hoodie dragged you up the stairs and into the maze that was this mansion's series of hallways.

You had failed. Your one chance at getting out of this hellhole, and you had lost it before you even managed to get out of the house. You had let yourself down, you had led Sadie down, you had let all of your friends down all because you didn't make sure Jeff was with the others, or at the very least, nowhere near you. And then there was Jade. What the fuck was wrong with Jade? You knew that she had spent more than a week with Jeff and that she seemed to have been traumatized beyond repair, but how? She was one of the most strong-willed people you had ever met, and Jeff had broken her. She was a shell of who she once was, and you doubted she'd ever be the same even if you did miraculously get out of this place.

Your emotions were a mix of rage, fear, and confusion, and then they'd been shoved into a blender until you could barely register what you were feeling. The only thing you knew as you neared the familiar hall that held Hoodie's room, was that you were fucked. You had gotten stabbed like fifteen times when you had only insulted him, and now you had just tried to escape. While you hadn't gotten far, you had still tried, and it was safe to assume that that was all that mattered to him. You had no idea what punishment awaited you, and you were definitely not looking forward to it.

Hoodie flung the door open and practically threw you inside. You yelped as your body collided with the floor, sending a dull pain through your side. You hesitantly looked up only to be met with the emotionless gaze of your captor's mask.

"Get up."

3.5 pages · 1,256 words