Everyone

———

PLAYLIST

——

Reader Recommendations

Hell and You by Amigo the Devil

Wrapped Around Your Finger by Etched in Blue

Little Dark Age - MGMT

This was the ending you never would have seen yourself in. The ending your normal life couldn't have even fathomed. Hell, before all of this you weren't even sure there was someone out there for you, let alone four. You had no idea what had happened, what had gone wrong, what had gone right. You were just confused.

And now you were here, in the center of one person's hell and another's heaven. You were the apple of not one, but four serial killers' eyes, and somehow you'd come to not mind it. Even after everything they'd done you had to admit it was nice having so many people care about you.

Maybe you had liked multiple people at once before, but even then it'd never felt quite like this. It's hard to tell between infatuation and love after all, and even still you weren't sure exactly what you were feeling. Especially since these feelings could very well turn out to be extremely dangerous. You didn't know how, you didn't know why, but at the moment you thought you liked four serial killers all at once. All in one house. All living under the same roof with some sort of attachment to you. All of them.

Your heart raced whenever one of them got close or when your eyes met for more than a second. Every time your hand brushed one of theirs, every time you found yourself sitting an inch too close to one of them. Whether it was Jack, whether it was Brian, whether it was Tim, or even if it was Jeff, you felt nearly the same thing for all of them. And that scared you.

You didn't know what you wanted. You didn't know if any of these feelings leaned more towards platonic affection rather than romantic affection. You were just so confused, and the four of them weren't exactly helping with that.

You were still rooming with Brian. It'd been a solid month since everything went down and you were still sleeping on his floor. Granted, he had eventually gotten you an air mattress. It wasn't a bad setup, it was nice actually, it was just the fact that the amount of tension in that room was thick enough to cut with a knife. Any time you spoke to each other and your eyes met, the eye contact seemed to go deeper than just staring. Or any time he lounged around in one of his perfectly fitting shirts you had to forcefully avert your gaze. But by far the worst times were when the room got too hot and he took off his shirt. It was those times you were afraid to even look at him in case you stared a little too hard.

And then there was Jack. You still found yourself drawn towards the library where he seemed to spend a lot of his time. Only slowly but surely the two of you had moved closer. Starting by sitting on two separate couches over time it had shifted to where the two of you were nearly cuddling. You weren't even sure if your motive for going to the library was even to read anymore. Whenever Jack ended up not being in there you would give it about five minutes before heading for the basement to see if he was there instead. It was like you couldn't even read without him anymore.

Then Tim. Tim had started cooking for you more and more until eventually, he offered to teach you how to make a few things on your own. The dishes you made never turned out the same, but it was more about the thought that counted. And he seemed happy enough to continue to share his meals with you. He seemed to actually like your presence now, and porch visits had become almost the nightly norm.

As for Jeff, whenever you found yourself sprawled out on the couch and he saw you, he almost always joined you. Sometimes asking if you wanted a drink, sometimes asking if you wanted to stay up binging old horror movies. The two of you had ended up becoming pretty good friends. Only, it didn't quite stop there.

You liked all of them, and the more you thought about that and accepted it the more your head hurt. The thought of being with all of them at once painted a picture of absolute chaos in your mind. That was one thing you ended up being right about.

After some suspiciously phrased questions and some one-on-one discussions with each of them, things somehow worked out. Well, sort of. There were constant disagreements, most of which were started by Jeff, and peaceful moments were few and far between. Tim and Brian got along just fine as they'd always been pretty close, but jealousy between the other two was very much still there. Some days you felt like you were being pulled in four different directions, all of them wanting your undivided attention while at the same time knowing full well that was impossible. Those days only turned into situations where they tried to make you choose, and that was a big issue.

That's why communication became the glue of this whole ordeal. Anytime there was an issue you made sure to talk it out. And if you were on edge, one of the more level-headed ones would suggest it. It felt silly in the beginning, but it always eased the tension even if it was only a slight change.

It wasn't complete hell all the time. It had its fair share of hard times, but the good far outweighed the bad. That's what kept this working, that's what kept you and everyone happy. It wasn't easy, that was for sure, but neither was acceptance, and you'd still managed to pull through that. Nothing about any of this had been easy. Not one second, not one day. But things had changed for the better, and it seemed like they still were.

?/10 In all honesty, there's no way in hell this could actually work. You'd prolly end up dead one way or another because having four serial killers in love with you isn't going to exactly be peaceful. But I mean, could be fun

​​​​​​​