XII

A/N: Did I forget I put this story on wattpad? Yes. Sorry about that, I'll add the newest chapters over the next few days. Enjoy reading!

    Water poured down your back as you sat with your knees pulled to your chest. You were unmoving in the shower, just appreciating the silence and warmth. The days have passed by surprisingly quickly, and now it's day seven. Things have greatly improved due to your cooperation plan, and conflict has pretty much been completely avoided. You figured out pretty fast that Hoodie isn't that bad as long as you do what he says, which you've been doing. And you're proud to say that you think you may have established a bit of trust. He doesn't even tie you up at night anymore. You have some freedom, and while it's not a lot, at least it's something. Three meals a day, a shower after training, a new set of clothes, your treatment has been pretty good ever since you started acting on your plan. It's nice, you're still terrified and angry, but at least you're comfortable.

Hoodie's turned out to be a decent teacher too. In only six days you've learned a lot, and you'd even dare to say you can throw one hell of a punch, though you've yet to test it out in a real fight, and you really dread the day you will. Whether that's getting a hold of a weapon and fighting your way out of the mansion or being forced to fight your friends, you look forward to neither scenario. You're anxious, especially now that you only have a week till the first fight. You have to act sooner rather than later, but no openings have presented themselves.

Your time is wearing thin, and every moment more you spend with Hoodie that becomes suffocatingly clear. He's always around you unless he leaves the room for a few minutes, but so far the longest those few minutes have been was thirty. Meaning the alone time you get is scarce. His presence is as intimidating as intimidating gets, feeling like a thousand eyes are on your back whether he's looking at you or not. And when he does, that feeling only intensifies. He's a strong guy who knows how to fight and usually has a gun strapped to his belt. He's not someone to mess with, but you have to if you want to escape.

You can't do anything now though. You're still in the shower, which is inside a room with a barred up window that you doubt you can break through. Not to mention Hoodie is standing right outside and would definitely hear you trying to rip apart metal. With a sigh, you rubbed your face in annoyance and stood back up, promptly shutting off the water. That was enough sulking and planning for one shower. You brushed your hair back with your hand as you stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel. Wrapping it around yourself, you wiped away the steam from the mirror and looked into your own eyes.

You looked different. Your eyes looked like they had the life sucked out of them. You looked empty, and you could only worry that was because you were growing used to this place. Hell, you even had a routine. Wake up, train, shower, sleep, repeat. It had been the same since day two. No more torture, he hadn't even hurt you since that day, though the cuts still remained to remind you of what he was capable of. The one on your neck was the most prominent one. Its scab always seemed to be red and irritated, even more so than the others. As funny as it was, your injuries ended up being the main thing that kept you grounded. They kept your priorities straight, as painful as they were, and they wouldn't let you forget your goals. You'd never let yourself get comfortable, you still needed to save your friends. You were going to get them out of here, no matter what.

You stared into your reflection's eyes.

You will not succumb.

Taking in a deep breath, you turned away and began getting dressed. Today's change of clothes consisted of a size-too-big band-tee and a pair of gray sweatpants. A very comfy outfit, you had to admit. Soon enough you finished up and tossed the old clothes into the laundry bin before walking out of the room.