Chapter 54

Reaching the Palace courtyard was a lot easier than expected, Troy was expecting to run into Hades' horde. Artemis and Donna entered with Diana and Troy following behind, Troy took the liberty to carry the last stoned Amazon to their destination.

"Where is my mother and the others?". Diana asked as she stood next to Artemis.

"In the hidden rooms of the Palace". Artemis replied before gesturing to Donna,"Donna, find the queen and the others and inform them that help has arrived".

Donna nodded and took off.

Diana turned and watched the many crowds of Amazons that were turned to stone, she glanced to her left and saw Troy place the last statues Amazon next to the others.

"Well, that's the last one". He said, dusting his hands off.

"This is a fate worse than death". Artemis spoke up referring to the stoned Amazons.

"Don't worry". Diana smiled putting a hand on her shoulder,"Once we kill Medusa, they will all become flesh again".

"Wait, what?!". Troy asked,"Your Medusa's curse is reversable?".

"Yes. Why?". Diana asked, slightly confused.

"My world's Medusa turned people to stone permanently and once it is done it can't be undone". The dark hero said.

"That's horrifying". Diana said, a little surprised by this.

"What do you mean 'Your world?'". Artemis asked Troy with suspicious eyes.

"It's kind of a long story".

"Diana". A happy voice said from behind them.

The three turned to see Hippolyta, Donna and the rest of the remaining Amazons approaching. When the Amazons noticed the dark hero, they got their spears ready and quickly surrounded him. Troy merely sighed at the action.

"Amazons". He muttered underneath his breath.

"No, stop". Diana said.

"Why is there a man on the island?". Hippolyta asked glaring at Troy.

"I needed help with this task, mother". Diana explained,"He is one of my closest friends, he is not like the other men from the past".

"Your naivety will be your downfall if you keep making these assumptions". Hippolyta sighed.

"I'm not here to cause any trouble, My Queen". Troy spoke up,"Let me help with this task and I'll be on my way gladly without any trouble".

"Hippolyta, we already have enough on our hands". Antiope decided to step in,"We've already lost enough Amazons, we need all the aid that we can have at this point".

Hippolyta sighed and finally gave in.

"Fine, stranger". She said before narrowing her eyes at Troy,"But make no mistake, if you try anything suspicious I will personally deal with you myself".

Troy nodded. Hippolyta signaled the Amazons to lower their spears, the women were hesitant but they slowly lowered their weapons.

"So, where is Medusa now?". Troy asked, walking past a few Amazons.

"We saw her in the throneroom last time but-"

Hippolyta was cut off when they heard a boom from the Palace, they noticed dust from the entrance. Then they saw two hands grab the sides of the doorway and slowly step out, the green scaly form of a nine foot tall woman appeared with snakes writhing around her head.

"Whoa, your world's Medusa has legs?!". Troy exclaimed,"My Medusa had a tail, a really long tail".

"Echidna?". Diana inquired while holding up her shield.