Chapter 72

Yin was standing in front of a face mirror in a living room while putting on earrings, she was dressed in a red gala gown with sleeves that reached her wrists but missing at the shoulders. Troy walked up behind her in a black tuxedo with his long hair styled back, he firmly placed his hands on her waist and it caused her to jump in surprise.

"Don't do that!". She warned as she realized who it was.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you". Troy replied as he buried his face in the crook of her neck.

They were all currently in Gotham, Bruce Wayne invited everyone for a gala at his manor. All the most important people were going to be there, including most of the heroes in their civilian identities.

"If you're trying to get me in the mood, forget it. We have more important things to focus on". Yin said failing to hide a smile.

"Its just a gala, Yin". The dark hero explained,"Most of Bruce's rogues aren't even active at this moment".

"Okay, did we switch roles? Because you're usually the one that says something is not right and I have to say that it will be alright". Yin pondered while giving him a look.

"He's trying to let his mind be at peace, Yin". Artemis said as she came out of bathroom in a black dress with a slit at her left leg,"Let him be".

"He hasn't been himself lately". Yin said looking at her lover with concern.

"Apparently". Artemis muttered before sitting on the edge of a couch and putting on her high heels.

"I'm standing right here, you know?". Troy said, making it clear that he still existed.

"It must be hard to leave your precious New York, isn't it?". Artemis teased with a smirk.

"I'm sure the city can survive a few days without me. Or at least, I hope it does".

Artemis merely shook her head before picking up a knife and she was about to conceal it within her dress when she felt Yin's grip on her wrist.

"Whoa! What's the knife for?".

"For protection". Artemis explained,"You can never be too sure around events such as these".

"She's got a point there". Troy pointed out as he leaned against a wall.

"Guys, I'm a cop first so that means that just because I'm dating you two doesn't mean it comes with special treatment". Yin explained,"Artemis, you might be a hero in the community but no one knows who you really are and it means you're just another face in the crowd and that means I'll have to arrest you like everyone else".

"Alright, alright". Artemis sighed before putting on a mischievous smirk,"And when are you going to learn that handcuffs can't restrain me? I thought all our nightly activities already proved that".

"Artemis!". Yin yelled as her face slightly went red.

"Wait, you guys have your own thing without me? Oh, man. Now you gotta tell me all the details". Troy said as he looked a little surprised.

Artemis got a seductive glint in her eye before she approached Yin from behind and wrapped an arm around her shoulder before leaning into her.

"Yeah, Troy! You're missing out". Artemis said as she held the cop closer,"Our Yin over here has become more adventurous, more bold and she even made me-".

"Thank you, Artemis! I don't think Troy should know the rest". Yin said nervously.

Troy smiled at the two before he looked out the window, a silver Camaro pulled up at the apartment building they were staying at. Then he heard his communicator go off, he quickly answered.