Chapter 8

Troy made the final finishings on his suit that was dark as night, he gave it a sinister design that would intimidate the enemies he faced. He tied a few final attachments on his suit before holding it up to look at it carefully.

"Father always said to strike fear into the hearts of your enemies. And what better way to do it then don a sinister looking suit". He said, before going to his mask.

He got Intel from Dinah that the whole thing will go down in New York, here in his territory. He smiled at that, he always thought of New York as his territory and now he had to act and protect his city.

                  That Night

"See anything?". Black Canary asked.

"Not yet, Dinah". Green Arrow replied, taking his eyes off the binoculars.

"Okay, now that that's over. Is anyone not creeped out by Darkforce's new suit?". Blue beetle asked.

"I like it". Raven said.

"It kinda scares me, bro". Beast boy said.

"His outfit rivals Batman's costume in the scary factor". Robin said.

"Is it seriously that sinister looking?". Darkforce asked.

"Yeah". Everyone agreed.

Darkforce shook his head and then noticed two figures walking toward an abandoned warehouse. Upon closer inspection, he saw that it was Deadshot and Deathstroke.

"Well, look who just showed up". He said.

"Let's get them". Robin said.

"Not yet". Darkforce said, holding up his hand.

Then they saw the two assassins walk into the building.

"Okay, now we go. Let's move out!". He said.

They all jumped off the building and headed for the abandoned warehouse.

             ..............................

As they walked through the warehouse it was surprisingly quiet. To quiet. There was an atmosphere of uneasiness within the group.

"I have a bad feeling about this". Starfire said.

Darkforce agreed with Starfire on that concept. His divine sense was going crazy ever since they came inside the old building.

"Where are the two masked freaks?". Beast boy asked.

Beast boy casually walked ahead of the group. Then, Darkforce's sense kicked in and he fired his chain at Beast boy, several spikes rose from the ground but the animal shapeshifter was pulled back by the chains before he was impaled.

Beast boy looked up at Darkforce,"Thanks, bro".

"How did you know?". Blue beetle asked.

"Intuition". Darkforce replied.

"Don't you heroes have anything better to do". Deadshot said, as he appeared out of the shadows.

"Deadshot". Green Arrow said.

"Green Arrow. Good to see you". Deadshot replied.

"What are you two boys up to, Deadshot?". Black Canary inquired.

"That's not your business". Deathstroke said as he appeared.

"Deathstroke". Robin said, clenching his fist.

Deathstroke looked at Robin and gave out a laugh,"So, you came back for another defeat. I hope you're more of a challenge this time". Then several guys dressed in black appeared out of the darkness.

Robin growled and walked forward with intent but Darkforce held out his arm and stopped him.

"Alright, guys. I'm in a good mood today, so just give up and I won't hurt you. At least not fatally". Darkforce said, darkly.

"You're joking, right?". Deadshot said.

"I'd listen if I were you. This guy is very dangerous and not a pushover". Green Arrow said.

Deathstroke scoffed,"Take em down!!!".

The darkly dressed soldiers lunged forward and attacked. Darkforce knocked down two of the soldiers before they even landed a blow. He immediately dodged a bullet shot his way, he looked up and saw Deadshot aiming the gun at him. He fired another shot but the dark spartan's reflexes were too fast, he fired his chains and he pulled the assassin toward him and kicked him into a group of crates that were collecting dust. He walked up to him, but felt his sense kick in and evaded the knife that Deadshot swinged at him. He grabbed his arm and hit it until he heard a crack, the assassin screamed in pain and fell back.

Darkforce moved through the shadows and stalked his prey, Deadshot pulled out a hand gun and turned to shoot but he saw Darkforce nowhere. All he saw was the shadows, he heard claws being unsheathed and he aimed his gun aimlessly. He saw a black figure jump out toward him and he fired his gun but it sparked on impact which meant that it was blocked, then he felt claws slice through his mask. A part of his mask fell to the ground, he looked up and fired his gun but Darkforce blocked every shot with his claws. He kicked Deadshot in the face which sent him into a wall, he groaned in pain and lay in agonising pain.

"I was told that you two were very feared. But to me, you're just men. What makes you think you deserve to live right now?". Darkforce said, examining his claws.

Deadshot only looked at him.

Darkforce's sense kicked in and he sidestepped a sword slash from Deathstroke. He gave the assassin a kick which sent him into a wall, Deathstroke groaned and slowly got to his feet.

"Trust me, I won't hesitate to kill you". Darkforce said.

"Same here". Deathstroke said.

"Deathstroke, wait!". Deadshot tried to warn him.

Deathstroke lunged forward with his sword, the dark spartan easily sidestepped it and evaded a roundhouse kick. Darkforce blocked another kick and punched the joint of the knee from, which made a cracking sound and Deathstroke yelled in pain. Darkforce punched him to the ground and fired his chain and flung him into a concrete column, Deathstroke groaned and coughed in pain.

Darkforce looked at his team and saw them still fighting the other guys that were dressed in black. Darkforce then blocked a bullet with his claws, he looked at Deadshot and saw him holding a gun. He ran up and caught his arm before he shot another bullet, then he stabbed his claws into the abdomen of the assassin. Deadshot screamed in pain.

"It hurts doesn't it? If you give up the pain will stop". Darkforce said, pulling out his claws.

Darkforce growled and then turned around and kicked an incoming Deathstroke, then he threw him to the other side of the building. The others looked surprised to see Deathstroke fall at their feet, defeated.

Deadshot and Deathstroke struggled to get up and they faced the group.

"What are you?". Deathstroke said.

"Keep doing what you do and you'll find out". Darkforce said, darkly.

Deadshot threw a smoke bomb at that moment.

"No!". Black Canary said, running up.

She walked up and saw the smoke clear up. They were gone.

"Dang it. They got away". Black Canary said.

"Don't worry, Dinah. We'll get em next time". Green Arrow said.

"I need to inform the rest of the League". Black Canary said.

They all nodded and started to leave.