Chapter 44

Selina Kyle scanned the Museum of Natural History, she looked around for security guards. When their absence was apparent, she took that chance to run up the steps that led up to the museum. She looked up and fired her grappling gun and pulled herself up to the roof of the building and she took out her gadgets, she pulled out a small laser and cut a small hole in it before taking out the piece that she cut out. She reached her arm in and opened the window from the inside and climbed in before stalking the rafters of the inside.

She saw a chandelier a few feet above her and she smiled, she took out her whip and cracked it toward the hanging gold and swung herself to the bottom and landed with flip on the floor. She looked around before tapping her goggles that flashed red momentarily, the security lasers became visible at that moment.

"Now, where are you?".

"You know, when two of Batman's rogues came to my city I didn't know the invite was for all of them". A voice said from above behind her.

Selina quickly turned to see Darkforce above her, he was in a crouched position in the rafters and he looked casual enough since she didn't feel any tension of threat from him.

"You mean former rogue, Troy". She said,"Batman doesn't consider me as a threat anymore".

"Oh yeah, then what are you doing in this museum at one in the morning?". The dark hero asked before he jumped down and landed a few feet in front of her.

"I'm looking for someone". She said, turning to walk.

"Who could that be?". He asked.

"Harley".

"Huh? But I saw her get taken away by the cops".

Selina turned to smirk at him,"Joker got taken away, she escaped the last minute".

"Man, she's good". Darkforce said.

"That's why Bruce tasked me to bring her back to Gotham before things get out of control". Selina said.

"Which reminds me, he and I need to have a talk about his rogues appearing in my city". He said,"At first it was funny when Joker and Harley appeared but then when Scarecrow, Bane and Freeze showed up it became less funny".

"You boys sort that out". Selina said,"I'll try to stay out of it".

Then Selina stopped as her red goggles made her see the invisible security lasers.

"The lasers are right in front of us".

"Yeah, I know. They're setting off my divine sense". He said with crossed arms.

"We need to turn them off". She said, looking around for switch box.

"Let's make this quick". Darkforce said, before grabbing her by the waist and firing a chain at the ceiling.

Selina gasped in shock and tightly clung onto him as they took off swinging over the security lasers, he maneuvered himself as much as possible everytime his divine sense went off to avoid the invisible lasers.

"We're almost through". Selina said, looking with her red goggles,"Just need to get past that last bunch".

"On it". The dark hero said.

Selina took the moment to take a good look at the hero holding her, she already saw his face before but seeing him wear the mask made him look like someone else entirely. She could feel how pressed up her body was against him and it made her blush slightly, she subtly ran her fingers on his biceps that felt like iron and she could also feel his steel hard abs and chest through her skin tight catsuit.