Chapter 23

Six Months Later

After six months since Darkforce's death the world started to move on with their loss but there was still people who mourned his death, the Justice League were getting a lot better these last several months but their hurt was still evident. Wonder Woman mostly drowned herself in her work to get her mind off things that were related to Troy, she realised that talking things out helped a lot. Lois was luckily a good listener and the Amazon was more comfortable around her, she even told her that she was in love with Troy. Lois was surprised by this but the Amazon said that she felt this way ever since he died.

In these last six months, three new vigilantes that dressed in costumes similar to Darkforce's appeared out of nowhere and were battling out crime in New York, Metropolis and Washington DC, they were just ordinary guys who were inspired by Darkforce and decided to carry on his legacy by fighting crime. The press decided to call them the New Darkforces. The one in New York had a suit that was identical to Darkforce's, the one in Metropolis had a suit that was black with orange colours on some parts and the last one in Washington DC had a suit that was white and green.

The Justice League didn't bother to stop these guys from doing what they do, since the people loved them and were glad that they were making a difference. Superboy who was a clone from LexCorp did his annual debut and stopped a rival fight between the New Darkforces at one of Lex Luthor's business parties. The people loved the new Superman but Clark was kind of upset about this kid stealing his spot, Lois told him to not take it to heart because he was the true Superman.

It was gonna be one of those days.

..............................

Troy looked at himself in the mirror and saw that his old body was back, though he noticed a slight change in his body. His muscles and abs were more bigger and rock hard after recovering, he believed it was probably just the ambrosia. He had recently also cut his hair shorter, they were neck length and silky as some still fell in his face. Then he looked up and saw Athena's ghostly form enter, she approached him and gave a small smile.

"I told Chaos to transport the Isle back to our world once you leave". She said.

"Thank you, Athena. For everything that you have done for me". He said.

She nodded,"Time for you to go home, Troy. Make them believe that Darkforce is still alive".

It was his turn to nod. Athena had been keeping him up to date with everything that had transpired in the last six months, he knew about the new Superman and the whole thing with the New Darkforces. He made a few final adjustments to his suit and looked in the mirror, he donned the suit that he wore during his death ceremony. He picked up his mask and looked at the eye lenses, they looked sinister and intimidating and he knew he had to return or the people would be lost without him.

"Time to go". He said, putting on his mask.

Athena went to the other side and placed her hand on what seemed like a giant mirror, the glass shifted slightly until a portal opened.

"There's your ride home". She said.

"Wow!". He said.

He approached the portal and went slowly walked through.

A dark shadow watched the whole scene from the darkness,"So, Darkforce has the essences of all the gods and monsters that he had defeated. This is good news for me, time to play my ace cards".

The dark shadow gave out a laugh before disappearing.

.............................

Three limousines escorted by police cars and bikes were driving through the streets of Metropolis to an unknown destination, the Justice League members that could fly flew alongside the escort. They were protecting the president who was in one of the limos.