sixty nine

"thank you so much," harry murmured, looking at both of his friends and giving them a smile. "i can't wait to use them when i get home." and he wasn't lying. he didn't realise how much he missed drawing until zayn said that. he still had a sketchbook under his bed, half full of sketches. a lot of them weren't finished.

"speaking of home, we need to go before traffic gets bad." harry frowned, and looked at zayn questioningly when the dark haired boy shot niall an evil glare.

"no, niall," he said through his teeth, shaking his head slowly, and the blonde slapped his forehead.

"oh yeah," he chuckled, "i forgot. h, you're surprise isn't over mate."

harry's eyes widened, and he held the pencils to his chest tightly, looking back and forth between zayn and niall. they were both smiling at him, like the cheesy friends they were. zayn reached out and took his pencils, slipping them into his bag, before meeting eyes with harry again. "let's go babes," he said.

"where are we going?" harry asked incredulously. "you just bought me these pencils, and they're the really expensive kind. it's okay, guys, we can go home."

niall shook his head, causing his blonde bangs to fall into his face. "nope, we've already planned it out. we have a few more surprises. c'mon, h, let's go to the car." niall grabbed his left arm, while a smiling zayn grabbed his left, and then they started skipping which meant harry had to skip also, but halfway to the car his ribs started hurting from the heavy breathing.

"okay," harry huffed, "let's stop." 

niall didn't stop, just unlocked their arms and ran the rest of the way, the keys in his hand jingling loudly.

"i don't know when he decided that he could drive my car," zayn chuckled, walking besides harry and wrapping an arm around his waist. "but it's okay. he looks hot doing it."

harry stopped in his tracks, before tilting his down a bit to stare at zayn. "zayn," he said.

zayn looked at him, and if it wasn't so dark harry would really be able to tell if he was blushing. but he did know that he was smiling, by the way his crazy perfect teeth shone and his eyes crinkled up at the sides. harry leaned in to give him a hug right then, because he loved zayn.

they were on the sidewalk, a few more strides from the car, when niall yelled into the air, "let's go boys!" in his "female" voice, that he used quite a bit. he sounded a bit like his mum, maura.

"we're coming, grumpy pants," zayn yelled back, pulling harry harder down the sidewalk until they arrived at his car. niall scoffed.

"i'm not grumpy. we just have a time to meet."

again, zayn glared at niall, shaking his head.

"what are you guys talking about?" harry whined, stomping his foot on the pavement, but he stumbled a bit when the heel of his boot caught on the curb. this caused niall to laugh loudly, and zayn picked him up to put him in the backseat of the car, like a child.

"you can't handle walking, h," zayn chuckled, shaking his head, before climbing into the backseat of the car. niall went around into the driver's seat, pushing the key in the ignition, and the car shook a bit as it roared to life. harry frowned when he realised that they had completely ignored his question. oh well, he would find out later. maybe.

so he leaned back in zayn's leather seats, breathing deeply and letting the warm air in the vents relax his aching muscles. he had been up all day, because tricia made them do chores because they stayed there. she used to have niall and harry's names on the fridge with daily chores, because they were over there so much. harry liked it. it was routine, and he loved routine.