sixteen

it wasn't until harry stumbled into his house when he realized his mistake.

yeah, it had been wonderful. after they had gotten off the roller coaster they each had a piece of pizza and ice cream.

and when they finally got home, exhausted from a whole school day and a trip to the amusement park yet buzzed at the same time, louis had threaded his fingers through harry's messy curls and smiled softly. then he pushed his forehead into harry's for a moment before pressing their lips together gently.

"bye harold," louis whispered. "my quiet, shy, curly harry."

and all harry could do was nod and blush, and he had practically fallen through the front door after louis kissed him once more.

it was when he could finally breathe again and louis had driven away when he remembered his problem.

louis now had to fulfill his promise, and harry forgot to tell him.

of course he did. 

whenever harry was with louis his mind became clouded with butterflies and hearts and he felt so in love and half of his words didn't make sense, so harry wasn't surprised that he forgot to tell louis that he had to take his medication now. louis had yelled at him again in the car, and it hurt. but harry, being harry, let it go.

so he let out a groan and ran a hand through his curls that louis had been touching before walking past the kitchen and into his room.

it was spotless, like always, and his bed looked unbelievably perfect. his legs were shaky from walking so much and his head was throbbing from all the new information he had processed in one day.

so he plopped onto the soft mattress and closed his eyes, listening to the soothing sound of the celling fan spinning around and the hum of the air conditioner.

his mum had written a note on the fridge that she would be gone until eleven that night, so harry had the house to himself.

he jumped when his phone rang, pulling it out of his pocket and holding it to his ear.

"hello?"

"hi harry."

"hi zayn," the curly haired lad sighed, trying to hold in a yawn as he leaned against the headboard of his bed.

"are you busy on friday?"

"i'm going to niall's house, duh," harry said, confused.

 "oh." zayn paused. "do you mind skipping?"

harry shrugged before he realized zayn couldn't see him. "does niall care?"

"he's going out with louis, jay, and bobby. apparently bobby got promoted and they need a celebration dinner."

"oh."

"yeah. so i was wondering if you wanted to hang out. go bowling or something. perrie's coming."

harry loved zayn, but third wheeling did not sound fun. 

"nah. how about you and perrie go alone?" harry yawned, his eyes hooded as he relaxed further into his pillow.

"are you sure? do you just wanna stay home alone?"

"yeah, it's fine," he sighed. "see you later, zayn."

"bye h. you sound tired, go to sleep."

all harry could do was nod and hang up, plugging his phone in the charger and taking his clothes off, folding them and putting them away before cuddling up underneath his blankets.