thirty five

the first thing harry smelled when he woke up was tea.

he scrunched up his nose, squeezing his eyes shut and blinking them before adjusting to the light.

where am i? he thought.

he glanced around him, seeing an unfamiliar lamp and a window with white curtains that looked out onto a parking lot covered with a thick layer of snow. it wasn't until he saw louis, in a small room that looked to be a kitchen attached to the bedroom, wearing a big fluffy sweater and pajama pants, that he realised they were in the hotel. harry could vaguely remember louis bringing the outfit in the small bag he always wore over his shoulders. the pants had little snowmen over them, with big black eyes and orange carrot noses.

louis didn't seem to notice that the younger boy had woken up, as he crossed his ankles and stared out the window of the hotel, his elbows bent as he hunched over and took a sip of his steaming tea. his eyes were bleary from sleep, making his eyes just look dark and smoldering, which harry absolutely loved. his pants were a bit too big for him, and he was using the sleeves of his sweater to shield his hands from the heat of his mug. it was a blue mug with the hotel's logo on it.

harry probably laid there for about two minutes, his cheek pressed against the pillow and his curls splayed everywhere as he kept a steady, lazy gaze on louis. he liked to watch the way louis brushed his fringe out of his eyes, even though it just flopped back in the same place it was before. he loved seeing him lick his lips after he took a sip of his tea, his adam's apple bobbing whenever he took big gulps.

right as louis turned his head, harry closed his eyes quickly, making his breaths slow to look like he was sleeping. he could hear louis' bare feet across the tile floor of the kitchen until he reached the bedroom, which had purple carpet. harry had to hold back a smile whenever louis sat on the edge of the bed, causing it the mattress to sink to the side a bit, and then louis brushed a few curls behind his ears and ran his fingers across the boy's cheek.

"harry," he whispered lightly. "harry, time to get up. louis made you tea."

harry pretended to wake up, stretching his arms and doing the same thing he usual did. "okay," he yawned, rubbing his eyes and hesitating before throwing the covers off of his body.

"i need clothes," harry said.

louis chuckled. "that you are right, harold."

harry blushed, pulling the blankets back over himself while louis pulled some more clothes out of his bag. "they're mine, so they may be a bit too small, but i didn't feel like stopping at your house."

harry nodded. "it's okay."

louis went back into the kitchen, leaving harry to change. harry quickly pulled on the blue pair of boxers and his other pajama pants. these didn't have snowman; they had christmas trees with cute little rainbow ornaments. harry immediately loved them, especially because they were extra soft and felt really nice against his legs.

he made sure louis wasn't looking before looking in the mirror that was hanging over the desk. it was quite big, with fancy trim around it.

what he was inside, though, was breathtaking. his face was glowing, this odd glow that he had never seen before, his lips were still a bit swollen and dark red. his eyes were blurry and light, and he could just feel himself smiling. you could tell just by the haze around him, the relaxed and happy aura that something happened. it was like someone had written i just had sex on his head.

he laughed, adjusting his curls and trying not to make it too obvious that he was disgustingly happy. then he took a deep breath, bringing back his usual presence; shy and reserved. the way he liked it.