twenty four

harry looked at the bottle louis held in his hand. it was labeled prozac, an antidepressant drug that the younger boy had heard of before.

and he knew the side effects.

but louis didn't seem to be experiencing any of them. he looked happy and healthy.

and that made harry unbelievably happy. 

"let's go walk around, yeah?" louis asked, shoving the bottle of pills back in his pocket before grabbing harry's hand.

harry blushed and nodded, letting louis tug him along into the small condo that the boys had parked next to. it was light blue, surrounded by grass and pebbles. it was beautiful, especially since there were no houses around it, just a few lone pine trees that didn't match the city that was miles away from them.

but it wasn't until he saw the tower and the ferris wheel when he finally realised where they were, a place he always wanted to go.

blackpool, england.

his thoughts were confirmed when he saw the mailbox with the address as louis and him passed.

niall, zayn, and liam were already inside, so it was just him and louis. 

"it feels good out here, doesn't it?" louis stopped them next to a wooden swing hanging by two chains near the house. "perfect amount of breeze."

harry nodded, and he loved listening to louis' voice, especially when it was so soft and sweet. 

"i know you don't like to talk, harry, but tell me a story," louis smiled, gently snaking his arm around the younger boy's waist.

harry's eyes widened, and he couldn't think of anything to say. "about what?" he finally asked.

"tell me about the first time you saw me."

and now harry really was frozen, because although he remembered the moment all too clear in his head, he did not want to say it out loud to louis.

"how about you go first?" he asked quietly, letting himself melt into louis' side as louis wrapped his arms around him.

"okay," louis said softly, resting his chin on the crown of harry's head, which made harry's cheeks flush a light shade of red, and he buried his face in louis' chest. "i thought you read the book."

"i did," harry whispered. "but i want to hear you say it."

a low hum of laughter escaped louis' closed lips, and harry smiled a bit. they sat there, swinging gently and feeling the wind brush their flushed cheeks, until louis' soft, clear voice broke the silence.

"well, i don't remember it word for word, well, i do."

harry giggled, pushing his forehead impossibly further against louis' warm chest. never had he felt so relaxed in a situation like this, although there were still butterflies fluttering in his stomach and he was smiling so much.

"i first saw harry styles when he was a little freshie and i was all pumped for my junior year," louis began, and those familiar words were the exact ones harry had read over and over before he went to bed. "i had dropped off my little stepbrother niall, with his too-long brown hair and nerdy braces. and i was just about to drive off when i saw a boy."

harry was actually shaking, his breath caught in his throat and an odd feeling in his chest.

"niall seemed extremely protective over him, like he was some fragile doll. and i understood why, because he looked so small even though he was two inches taller than niall. his curls were flying all over the place in the wind, and i just wanted to touch them. there was a scared look on his face, and his skin was pale and.. perfect. and then, someone bumped into him and he looked absolutely mortified."