epilogue part one

i can see him from here.

he's smiling.

i can see his Sunshine Smile.

the sun is shining on his face.

i run a hand over my skin. it feels like it's burning.

he's mouthing something. i squint my eyes and yell at him to ask louder.

he runs towards me, and is very hesitant when he stops.

"did you get it?" he asks breathlessly. his eyes are glowing pale blue, like always. my heart flutters, like always.

i nod at him. "yeah."

then suddenly i am being lifted on the ground, twirled in circles. we fall into a heap on the grass, and i put my face in his chest as i laugh.

"i'm so happy for you, angel. i knew you would get it."

i did get it. i got a job. a school psychologist.

mum didn't think it was a good idea due to my own psychiatric problems, but Louis disagrees.

to be honest, i only care about what Louis thinks.

"i love you," i whisper, the grass tickling the skin on my legs. Louis smells like sweat and sun. "how was footie practice?"

Louis nuzzles his nose in my neck. "tiring. coach made us run extra because apparently i was too energetic." he pauses. "it's really because i was so nervous about you getting your job. my smart little harry."

"let's go home." i blush as he kisses my temple softly.

i let him pull me off the ground, although it results in me leaning into him and he giggles and kisses me, grabbing either side of my head and smiling.

"love you so much," he murmurs. "husband." he reaches one hand to grab my left one, before twisting the ring around my finger. it makes me kiss him harder.

soon he is tugging me towards our house, as i was in the backyard. i love the light blue colour of our home that reminds me of the colour of Louis' eyes.

"what's for dinner?" Lou asks me as he shuts the door behind us. i place my hands on his waist as we walk towards the kitchen.

"spaghetti," i smile. i already have it set out on the table.

"no macaroni?" Louis is used to me making him a delicious dinner while i eat my usual macaroni and cheese. but, today, with a huge urge of panic in my heart, i set out a plate full of spaghetti for myself. i have to admit, it makes me extremely fidgety when i sit down in front of it, but then when Louis sits across from me, i completely just... don't care anymore.

"i like your hair today," Louis comments. "you look fit in your shirt and shorts. fitter than me, and i'm a footie player." he snorts.

"that's untrue. have you seen my legs?"

Louis' gaze stays fixed on mine. "yes. have you?" i blush at the little smirk playing on his lips, and decide to twirl my fork in my spaghetti.

"zayn's having a party tonight at his flat. he told me specifically to not talk to him when niall was there," i say, smiling knowingly at my husband.

"i knew it was gonna happen. i knew it." Louis takes a bite of spaghetti and groans. "oh my god, angel. this is so amazing. thank you." he leans over the table and cups my cheek before kissing me sweetly. "you're so amazing."

i take a moment to savour the feeling of his lips on mine, putting my hands on my lips and smiling. "thank you," i whisper. "i love you."

"i love you too. now when's this party you're talking about?"