seventy

vote if you smiled at the gif (:

“give him the ring! give him the ring!”

 the chanting of everyone got louder and louder as other people in the mall joined in. harry usually would be embarrassed by his tear stained cheeks as he let out little happy whimpers into louis’ shoulder, but at the moment he didn’t care about anything else in the world except for the fact that louis and him were getting married. they were getting married and something happy was happening other than what they found out a few days ago.

he didn’t let that sad thought cross his mind for more than a second, just kissed louis again and practically fell into his arms when his knees went weak. the words i love you were said so many times that the word echoed in his mind, and he just wanted louis to know how much cared for him.

louis wrapped an arm around his waist to hold him up and kissed his temple once more before taking his left hand and reaching into his jacket pocket. he came up with a small blue box, the perfect size box for a ring. harry was shaking as louis opened up the lid with his thumb, and it flipped up to reveal a beautiful silver ring, with small little diamonds embedded along it.

“put it on,” harry whispered, biting his lip. louis unwrapped his arm around his lower back to take the ring out.

“look on the inside,” louis said into his ear, handing the ring to harry. harry gently took it from him, squeezing it so tightly he thought he might drop it. his hands were shaking as he struggled to read the inside. and when he did read it, he started crying all over again.

a halo for my angel.

it was simple, but it was something louis would say to him, and it was the best thing that could’ve been engraved on the inside. louis took it from him gently, taking his left hand. harry watched with wide eyes as louis pushed the ring on his finger, and it slid on perfectly.

“i love it so much,” harry breathed, holding his hand out before putting in on his cheek. he stared at louis in adoration and louis stared back just the same. zayn and niall were now beside him, shaking his shoulders and hugging him but everything was slow motion and silent as he looked into louis’ eyes. they took him some place that he could never describe, a beautiful quiet place deep within his soul that absolutely pained him to be, it caused an ache in his chest and a knot in his throat and he would never want to be anywhere else in the world.

but soon louis was hugging liam, and liam was giving harry thumbs up over his back. people went back to their seats after saying their congratulations and life moved on, people moved on while harry was still stuck in the moment, still stuck in slow motion.

and there was no place he would rather be.

***

christmas holiday was finally over, which meant harry had to go back home and face the problem that was his mum. louis had to go back to uni and his football practices, which meant they wouldn’t be seeing each other much anymore. but, harry promised to always drive down whenever he had an appointment with the doctor, which was tomorrow.

the house was dark and quiet when he arrived, walking through the entryway and into his room. he dropped his suitcase on the bed, unzipping it and beginning to unpack it. he folded every clean thing carefully (him and louis had did laundry before he left) and put it in it’s correct place. he made sure to make his bed back to perfection once he took his bag off the bed and put it in the top of his closet. after that, he changed into his pajamas and brushed his teeth.

it was six at night, which harry assumed meant his mum was working. he vaguely remembered anne telling him at the hospital that she had gotten a job as a waitress at the restaurant ross owned, and she said that she got tipped more than she ever could have imagined. for some reason, harry understood that. his mum was very beautiful, although she was slowly getting older and older, just like everyone around him.