six

"harry. harry wake up, i'm cold."

harry sat up, blinking a bit when he realized louis was hovering over him, his hair blowing from the fan behind them.

"what?" he asked groggily, looking at the clock, and it read two in the morning.

"i'm cold. why do you keep a fan on?"

harry frowned at him sympathetically, as he was only wearing a tank top and boxers. it reminded him of when they were going to bed.

louis had slid his pants down his legs, his short tan legs, and harry had blushed, unable to look away.

"i can't sleep without the fan," harry sighed, running a hand through his hair. louis rolled his eyes, his eyes that were glowing light blue in the dark room. the only way he could see was the moonlight shining through his open window.

they both stopped talking when liam, who was sleeping on the floor, shot up in bed.

"give, give it back," he slurred, running his hands all over the floor. "i don't want it, give it to mum," he said, his voice getting louder. harry raised an eyebrow at him, before looking at louis. 

"he talks in his sleep," louis explained, before looking back at liam.

"where is it where is it where is it," liam blubbered, before falling back into bed and emitting loud snores.

and then louis and harry met eyes, smiles on both of their faces, before they burst into laughter while trying to stay quiet at the same time.

"i'm still cold," louis snickered, still trying to calm himself.

"oh my gosh, fine, just close your eyes," harry whispered, trying not wake liam up.

louis complied, and harry threw his covers off his legs and got out of bed, and the air on his lower regions felt quite weird.

"are you still closing your eyes?" he asked nervously.

"no," louis laughed, and harry whipped around. "your bum is quite cute."

harry could feel his cheeks burning. "stop looking!" he whined, before quickly grabbing a large grey sweatshirt and hurling it at the older boy as hard as he could.

"ow!" louis said loudly, and harry's eyes widened.

"shh! liam's still sleeping!"

"don't worry. he won't wake up. he's practically dead right now."

harry rolled his eyes and hopped into his bed, immediately covering himself in blankets, and then louis was slipping his sweatshirt over his head.

when it was finally on, harry couldn't help but smile like a fool, because louis was wearing his oversized sweatshirt and it looked adorable.

"there. now go to bed," harry grinned, biting his lip and trying to hide the fact that his heart was beating a million beats per minute.

"don't tell me what to do."

harry cringed, preparing himself for louis' next mood swing and feeling overwhelming sadness at the fact that their perfect moment was going to be ruined.

"i didn't tell you what to do, i just-"

"yes, you did."

"okay, just stop being mean!" and harry's voice came out louder than expected, so loud that even liam woke up.

"what are you guys doing?" he breathed, yawning.

"i'm not being mean! just, i-" louis' voice cracked, and he looked troubled and mad at himself.