fifty eight

vote if you think louis looks absolutely adorable in the gif.

"don't cry angel."

was it possible that louis was real? he was tragically beautiful, breathtaking and alluring and so soft as he stood in front of harry, his eyes flickering over every inch of the younger boy's face. it was a painful thing to witness, to watch louis' lip quiver ever so slightly, a tiny giveaway that this ordeal was perhaps just as hard for him as it was for harry. harry knew he was trying not to cry because someone had to stay strong between the two of them, and it was achingly obvious that the shy harry styles was not that someone. especially since if he ever encountered anything close to fighting, he would be crying. he didn't like that about himself; perhaps that could be his new years resolution. to stop being so darn sensitive.

he wasn't to focus on that proposition, no. he was to watch the way louis' eyes practically glowed, the pale blue contrasting so very well with his skin that looked quite pale because of the moon shining through the window. his lips were a dark, pretty rose colour and his messy hair tangled and swooped in just the right places, brushing against his eyelashes and over his curved eyebrows. he looked way too agonizingly stunning, exquisitely beautiful; a kind of divinity that was enough to stop harry in his tracks, enough to make his knees buckle and his heart stutter for a few seconds.

but louis was always there, he was always there and perhaps that was one of the main reasons harry fell so hard for him, one of the main reasons harry found himself wanting to touch louis every second of the day, to kiss him every second of the night. when harry fell, louis was there to catch him, to help him on his feet. he knew he shouldn't take advantage of it, he should be learning to stand on his own and to speak for himself, but he wasn't quite sure if he was ready for that. louis, although his tendency to yell and scream and break down, was so strong, a strong harry strove to be.

"wait," harry whispered, his whisper disappearing into the silent air, a quiet plea for louis to come back. but the thing was, louis was right there, his arms wrapped tightly around the taller boy and the soft material of his pajama pants brushing against harry's legs and sending goose bumps throughout his whole body. harry felt as if he needed to correct his wording, because he had something to say, he just didn't know how to say it.

"wait for what?" louis breathed against harry's curls, his fingers tangling in the hairs on the back of his neck gently. his breath was warm, his lips were moist. harry leaned further into his touch.

"don't leave," harry whimpered, and there was still this ache in his chest, an ache that spread to his throat as he held his breath, trying not to let the tears slip past his eyelids. there was a pushing feeling in his stomach, a pang at the bottom of his ribs that was so painfully familiar, reminding him of the dull burn that he had endured for so many years. "please don't leave me louis, please please please."

louis shook his head quickly, his forehead pressed up against harry's chest. he was on his tiptoes; harry could tell by the way louis was leaning into him. "i'm not gonna. why would you think that?"

"stan said you would leave." harry laid his forehead on the top of louis' head, breathing in his unique smell. harry knew he was taller, but at the moment he felt so small, as he was asking so much of louis and all of his happiness lied in the fate of another boy's heart.

"stan doesn't know what he's talking about, angel. please don't take what he says to heart. i'm going to stay as long as you'll allow me, promise," louis murmured into harry''s chest, his arms tightening around harry's waist in a long, comforting hug.

"i'm tired," was what harry ended up saying, and louis shook a bit as he laughed.

"then let's go to bed. it's only one in the morning; we still have seven hours of sleep." louis pulled back but kept his hands on harry's hips. "and then it's christmas morning."