fifteen

harry checked his big silver watch on his pale wrist, watching it tick slowly by the three. that meant school was almost over.

words couldn't describe how frustrated he was. his whole schedule was messed up and there was anger bubbling on the surface and ready to burst, so much that he would have another episode, except much worse.

he cringed when the bell rang, walking as fast a possible to his locker and ignoring the looks and comments from his classmates.

"do you need a ride home?"

harry lifted his head to see niall, and was surprised that his eyes were rimmed red and there was a bruise on his cheek.

"niall," harry gasped quietly, reaching his large hand out and putting it on the blonde boy's cheek, who flinched away.

"ow, harry," he laughed flatly, gently pushing harry's hand out of the way. "still tender."

the curly haired lad blushed, shutting his locker softly and squinting to see niall's bruise closer. "what happened?"

"nothing," niall dismissed, wrapping an arm around harry. "i just fell."

"he's not going to believe that."

harry immediately froze, his feet stopping and his books almost falling out of his hands. his heart was beating unbelievably fast and he just wanted louis to go away.

niall whipped around, causing harry to trip from how they unlinked their arms, and fall painfully on his bum in the middle of the hallway.

louis gave him worried eyes and stepped forward, offering a small delicate hand and a shaky smile.

harry glared at his hands and instead let niall help him up.

the look on louis' face was unreadable, but it wasn't good.

"tell him the truth niall," louis said, his voice cracking.

"he doesn't want to hear it," niall said quietly, and harry's eyes widened.

"of course i want to hear it," he argued.

"stan.. he punched me in the face. but it was my fault! i pushed him first because he was being a dick."

harry tried not to laugh but when that word came out of niall's adorable mouth it was impossible.

he could see louis smiling at him, a fond sunshine smile that used to make him melt but now just hurt, and he tried his best to avoid louis' pale blue eyes.

and niall looked between the two of them, confused at the tension. "did something happen between you two?"

"he thinks i'm a freak," harry whispered, so quietly that he was surprised he could even hear himself. "i freak him out."

niall's face immediately changed and he stepped in front of harry.

"harry isn't a freak," he growled, and louis' eyes widened.

"i never said that!"

there was a group gathering around them, even though some of the people probably had a bus to catch that they were missing.

and all harry could do was cover his red face with shaky hands, wishing they could leave him alone for once because this was so hard and he couldn't handle it.

"make it stop, make it stop," he muttered, blocking out niall and louis' voices as they got louder and louder.

and when niall started to look at harry, he broke down. he let his knees buckle as he fell on the dusty floor of the hallway, listening to his new boots squeak.