thirteen

harry couldn't sleep after he hung up.

no, he wasn't upset, which was usually the reason he stayed up late with heavy lids but too much on his mind.

he was just.. excited. shocked.

and all he could do was stare at his phone and smile softly, running his finger over the screen as if he could touch louis' sunshine smile in some way. louis' voice was repeating over and over in his head, like a pretty instrumental song that you listened to really loud on your headphones. a classical one.

which brought him the idea of listening to his classical music, in an attempt to calm him his mind and bring him sleep.

so he rifled through his drawer next to his bed, until he pulled out some tangled white headphones and he plugged them into his phone. he clicked on the music app before playing a pretty classical piece that he had heard on the radio on the while back, and absolutely loved.

and then he switched off his lamp before resting his head on his pillow, a soft, squishy pillow that he had bought himself for his birthday.

thankfully, the soothing violins and flutes blocked out all of his giddy thoughts, which revolved around louis tomlinson, and he closed his eyes tightly, hoping that he could finally sleep.

he would be tired the next day.

a few minutes later, he was asleep.

***

harry woke up on saturday morning with his ear buds tangled in a mess next to him and bleary eyes. his hair was blowing in his eyes due to the fan next to his window, and his phone was still clutched tightly in his hand.

when he checked the time it said eight o'clock, and he bit his lip, irritated and frustrated.

he always woke up at six, every morning, no matter what. how could he have slept through the alarm?

then last night all came rushing back to him, and the irritation left his mind. because louis was just that perfect.

he grudgingly got out of bed, slipping on some sweatpants and a red sweatshirt before dragging himself downstairs. although he was surprisingly happy, he was tired.

the cheerios were almost empty when he poured them in the bowl, and he made a mental note to buy some more later.

just as he had taken his last bite of cereal and he was holding the bowl up to his lips to drink the milk, he heard a loud knock on the door.

the pounding noise gave him a headache, and he sighed deeply before standing up from his chair, his knees popping loudly, and he trudged to the door with a sour frown on his pale face.

his spirits uplifted a little bit when he saw a grinning niall. his blonde hair was messed up, as if he had just woken up, and he was dressed in black skinny jeans with white high tops and a white t-shirt.

"hi niall." harry lifted his hand in a small wave, opening the door wider so the blonde boy could come in.

"we've come bearing gifts," niall laughed, and harry raised an eyebrow. we?

"they're getting the coffee right now. i take it your tired? louis practically fell out of bed this morning and he hasn't fully opened his eyes yet. he figured that you would want some coffee too."

harry was biting his lip and trying not to smile when louis, zayn, and liam burst through the door. well, zayn and liam. louis just shuffled behind them with a lazy grin.

"hey harry," they all said, and then harry was handed a large coffee from zayn, who pat him on the back and ruffled his hair.

"is this just an excuse to see me?" harry teased, taking a large gulp of the warm liquid.