three

for once, harry was not looking forward to going to niall's house on friday.

he even requested they go to his house instead, but the other boys declined. harry didn't have much to do at his house, while niall had a flat screen tv and every type of gaming system there was.

so the curly lad had no choice but to get in niall's car on friday afternoon, after the bell had rang and all the students had flooded out of the school.

"c'mon h, it won't be that bad," zayn said sympathetically, climbing into the backseat while harry plopped in the front.

"yes it will!" harry cried. "he hates me! i know it!"

he knew that the boys agreed, although they didn't want to say it.

"it's going to be fun, harry. just ignore him," the blonde lad comforted, reaching over to turn on the radio, and they bobbed their heads in silence for a few minutes, until they finally pulled into niall's driveway.

"i have a bad feeling about this," harry murmured, reluctantly stepping out of the car and dragging his black converse towards the door.

niall and zayn followed behind him, each sending harry nervous looks but at the same time having a conversation.

he finally reached the large wooden door, and he turned the knob. it was locked.

"hey ni, it's locked," harry called behind him, and niall fished through his pockets for a few moments before coming up empty.

"shoot, i forgot my key," niall groaned. "just knock, louis might be in there to answer."

harry's eyes widened, but niall just nodded in encouragement.

the curly boy hesitantly hit his knuckles against the thick wood, and he cringed at the loud noise it made.

after about twenty seconds of waiting, the door swung open, and there stood louis. he was still dressed in the clothes he was wearing to school, but there was a grey beanie sitting upon his messy hair in a way that made harry's heart stop for a second.

his blue eyes stared into harry's with burning intensity, and the younger boy could faintly hear niall asking louis why he locked the door.

louis didn't answer, just stared at harry, and harry couldn't tell whether it was a mean glare or not.

he settled on nice when a small smile ghosted across louis' lips for a few moments, leaving harry a blushing mess as he walked away with a wave of his hand.

"what was that?" zayn asked in harry's ear, and harry shrugged, flustered.

and then they walked past the kitchen, and when harry heard a clattering noise, he glanced around the wall to see clearly into the dimly lit room.

louis was there, his eyebrows furrowed in concentration as he poured a few pills into his small hands, and harry tried to see what the pills were, but he couldn't tell from so far away.

"h, what are you doing?"

harry blinked and fled away from the doorway just as louis whipped around, and he couldn't tell whether the older boy saw him or not.

"nothing," he mumbled, his heart racing.

the two other lads made suspicious eye contact but then just shrugged, ruffling harry's curls as they pounded up the stairs towards niall's room.

and harry couldn't help but wonder: what were those pills?

"hey niall?" harry asked hesitantly as they put there backpacks on the floor of niall's room.