seven

harry was extremely nervous for the party. he was so nervous, in fact, that all he could do was stand in zayn's full-length mirror and watch his shaking, sweaty hands.

"are you going in that harry?" harry watched as zayn appeared behind him, sporting a black band t-shirt and black skinny jeans along with his red high tops.

harry looked at his outfit. he was wearing his pajamas, literally.

when he had got home, after taking tests all day, he had stripped out of all his clothes and thrown on a pair of plaid pajama pants and a light blue t-shirt.

"no." he responded, looking at zayn hopefully. "i was wondering if i could wear something of yours?"

zayn sighed. "you look like the white v-neck and black skinnies kind of guy."

harry just watched him quietly as he dug through his closet, throwing outfit after outfit into a pile on his bed. 

"here. i never wear this, so it's clean and nice and yeah."

harry gave him a grateful smile, taking the clothes into the bathroom attached to zayn's small room.

and when he had finally pulled the clothes on, he couldn't help but smile. zayn had styled his hair into a quiff, a look he thought only the bradford boy could pull off. and white actually looked really good on him, as zayn said.

"harry! i have shoes for you to wear!" zayn called, and harry stepped out of the bathroom before frowning sadly at his black converse.

"i thought i was gonna wear-"

"no. you wear those things every day. try these." harry flinched as zayn threw the shoes at him, lifting them up to see a pair of faded brown boots.

"boots?" he scrunched his nose up.

"yes, boots. my mum bought them for me but they will look better on you," zayn smirked, looking harry up and down. "speaking of that, i can't wait until louis sees you. if i was gay, i'd think you were hot."

harry smiled. "thanks."

"well, let's go to the party!" zayn cheered, wrapping his arm around the curly lad and leading him out of the house and into his beat up blue car.

***

the party was more crowded than harry expected.

and that was not a good thing, no, it wasn't.

zayn just came along because harry begged him to. zayn was more into small get togethers with a few people.

when they walked into the hot, humid room that was louis and niall's house, harry immediately cringed at the smell of alcohol.

he felt disappointed when he saw louis holding a red solo cup in his hands, laughing along with a few girls that harry was immediately jealous of.

"oh my gosh, i did not know perrie edwards was here!" zayn said excitedly, shaking harry's shoulder. the curly boy looked up at zayn questioningly. "harry, please let me go talk to her, please! i swear it'll only be an hour of so."

harry nodded, rolling his eyes, and then zayn was gone, and he was alone in a room full of people bigger and more confident than him. so he cowered down, although he was quite taller than most of them, and slowly made his way to the drink table.

thankfully, there were water bottles there and he immediately grabbed one, holding it against his flushed face.

"you look hot."

harry jumped, pulling the water bottle off of his face and whipping around to see louis tomlinson.

he was wearing his usual tank top, but his hair was sweaty and messy and his eyes were a sparkling blue and there was a goofy smile on his face.