seventy five

A:N: Louis is saying, "Hi love," in the gif. Now vote if you're smiling or dying of cuteness.

***

"harry. harry you look so handsome."

harry stared at himself in the mirror, and he felt tears welling up in his eyes. the suit fit him perfectly, complimenting his broad shoulders and fitting comfortably around his waist. he stood there and let his mum adjust his collar and fix every button. he could feel his shaky legs beneath him as images of louis flashed through his mind.

"thank you," he whispered, slowing turning the ring on his left finger and smiling at the way it sparkled. he could practically see the engraving beneath it, and that made him smile wider. he could hear his mum and jay gushing about how beautiful he looked, but he honestly couldn't take the time to think about it.

it didn't matter what suit he was in. it didn't matter if it was in the church jay wanted or the chapel his mum wanted. he just wanted to marry louis tomlinson. 

louis tomlinson wasn't here with him right now, and that upset him. louis claimed that he didn't want to be around when the younger boy picked out his suit and that. harry, on the other hand, hated not being around him, ever since he got so sick that he couldn't even speak. harry didn't think that louis realised how much that scared him.

it turned out that nobody got it except for harry, and harry was so thankful for that. it took him a while to get through it, and he had to miss a lot of school, but now that he was graduated and planning on going to college that didn't matter. he had a high gpa, the only grade that wasn't an a was math, but at least it was a high b. 

harry remembered the day of his graduation clearly. he remembered anne sobbing and hugging him, saying that harry wasn't her little boy anymore, and harry cried too, he really did, of course he did, but he was happy. he was happy that he was finally out of that school, that school that brought so many bad memories. he could practically see louis a couple of years ago, yelling at liam about ruining a copy of the book he was writing, and then when he cried louis hugged him in the middle of the hallway. it seemed so long ago, a lifetime ago, when louis and harry barely knew each other and louis was always yelling at him. 

he kind of missed it.

"harry, harry i am so proud of you." harry smiled at his mum in the mirror. jay was crying already, just like she always did when anything big happened. niall claimed that she sobbed on both of their birthdays whenever the party ended. 

"i seriously can't believe my son is getting married," she said quietly, burying her face in her hands. "i don't know how i'm supposed to process this. louis is getting married. and to one of my favourite boys in the whole world. harry, you're already a son to me.'

harry looked at her, feeling an ache in his chest. when he saw he smile, and her eyes, there was so much of louis there. the bit of attitude she had was so much like louis, and they had similar smiles. it was heartwarming to see her. 

"you're like a mum to me," harry said honestly, quietly. there weren't that many people in the store they were at, so it gave off a very quiet vibe. he liked it, though.

jay smiled at him fondly, her bottom lip wobbling a bit. harry knew that crying would be a huge problem for him. he knew that on the day of the wedding, the minute he laid eyes on louis, he would break down. that's the way he loved louis. the kind where he went insane when he didn't see him for a few moments, the kind where he would do anything to keep him.

"i'm scared," harry whispered to himself, and that's when his best friends came in. that's the kind of stuff they knew how to cope with. they just didn't know what suits looked good, and that was okay.