Family

I was sleeping peacefully when I was suddenly awoken by my phone. Flipping over, I grabbed the phone and looked at the number.

"Turn that off!" Katie yelled, throwing a pillow over her face.

"I'm trying to see who it is! Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hi honey!" I heard my mom yell into the phone.

"Hi? Did you get a new number?" I asked.

"Yep, new town...new everything,"

"New town?"

"I'll explain once I put my stuff away, now come unlock the mansion door,"

"Mom, I don't live at the mansion anymore,"

"What?!?" I ripped the phone away from my ear.

"Don't yell, I left a few weeks ago...now tell me what you're doing here?"

"Let's meet for lunch instead, I'll text you a location...bye,"

Setting my phone down, I slammed my head into the pillow. Groaning, I threw my covers off and went to go get ready.

"Stop being so loud!" Katie yelled.

"You're the one screaming!" I chucked a pillow at Katie.

"You both need to stop screaming!" Mama Knight yelled.

Rolling my eyes, I continued towards the bathroom. I stopped short seeing as it was being used.

"Hurry up, I've got things to do today...apparently," I sighed.

"Calm down, it's only eight," Kendall said, opening the bathroom door.

"Well are you gonna get out?" I snapped.

"No, I was gonna shower...you could always join me,"

"Join you? What we had was a one time thing...I'm not gonna shower with you,"

"You sure?" I tapped my foot.

"Fine, but we make it quick," Kendall smiled.

*Time Skip*

After getting out of the shower and getting dressed, I gently opened the door and peaked out. Looking to my left, my heart dropped when I saw Mama Knight sitting drinking a cup of coffee. Closing the door quickly, I turned towards Kendall.

"What are you doing?" Kendall asked.

"Your mom is sitting out there with that angry, disappointed mom face," I panicked.

"What?!? How do we get out of this?"

"Maybe we just go out there? It looks like she already knows?"

"No...I can't do that, how about you go through the vents?"

"Why can't you go through the vents?"

"Because I-" Kendall as cut off by his mom.

"Will you two just get out here!" Mama Knight yelled.

Flinching, I slowly grabbed the handle and made my way out of the bathroom, Kendall following behind, just as nervous.

"I don't want it to happen again...got it?" Mama Knight snapped.

"Got it," I quickly rushed to my room and finished getting ready.

*Time Skip*

After receiving the location from my mom, I went and met her for lunch.

"Hi," I greeted hugging my mother.

"Hi," She greeted back.

"So what did you wanna talk about?" I asked, taking a seat.

"I'm gonna live here now, at the mansion," 

"Really? When are you packing everything up?"

"I already did, I packed up my things and then sold the rest...even the house,"

"You sold the house? And everything in it?"

"Yep, I figured I only need my things,"

"But what about my stuff? My music books were there, old photos and lyrics," I was shocked at what she said.

"Oh that's just old stuff, you've got new things,"

"Those were memories mom, what were you thinking?" I pushed my chair back and got up to leave.

"Honey, where are you going?" My mom rushed after me.

"Somewhere away from you,"

*Palm Woods*

I sat in the apartment, head in my hands, thinking about all my memories being sold. Getting angry, I slammed my hand on the table.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Kendall asked, walking over.

"My mom moved into my dads mansion,"

"That's not so bad...is it?"

"She sold the house back home and everything in it, that wasn't hers...that means my stuff is gone,"

"It was just items, it's not bad," Kendall put his hand on my shoulder.

"Items that held memories!" I snapped, pushing him away.

"But you still have those memories...the memories don't disappear with the items,"

"But what if they do? What if ten years down the line, I can't remember my first pets name or what she looked like...what if I forget what the first song I ever wrote was?"

"You won't and if somehow you do, you'll still have other memories that bring joy,"

"Like what? I can barley remember what I did yesterday," I laughed at how bad my memory is.

"Like the time Carlos taught you to roller skate...or the time you and I got into a fist fight,"

"I don't think fighting you is a memory of joy,"

"It's a memory we can laugh at ten years from now with our kids," I choked at what he just said.

"Kids? We're not even dating...oh, I knew that this was a bad idea," I quickly got up and began to freak out.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean that...Calm down,"

"I can't, you just mentioned us having a family...This is exactly what I didn't want to happen,"

I ran to my room and tried to close the door, but Kendall stuck his foot in the door. Pushing the door open, Kendall stared at me.

"Would it be so bad if we actually had a relationship?" Kendall asked.

"I don't know Kendall...all I know is last time you ended up hurting me for Jo, I don't want that to happen again,"

"After what we've been through, I won't hurt you,"

"How can I trust you?"

"Because I love you,"

"You love me? You said something along those lines, last time...how do I know you're telling the truth?"

"You've just gotta trust me...please," I stared at Kendall and contemplated my options.

"You've gotta leave Jo for good this time, if things turn out like last time...all hell will break loose,"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Kendall seemed scared.

"That's doesn't matter...unless you do what you did last time,"