Chapter 9: Nice Catch!

Awww, sorry for the wait.  :(  I dedicate this chapter to pinkmage because she is a Fairy Tail lover~!  (Who isnt? XD)  I hope you enjoy this!!

Ry-chan // xRyrirzuar

==================================================================================

Natsu gathered flames around his body, anger and vengance washing through him.  "You're gonna pay for making Fairy Tail an enemy."  He growled, showing his teeth.

Dark magic swirled around Mastel's feet, and he raised his hand.  His eyes flashed.  "Forbidden Dark Magic: Dark Tornado!"  A large funnel flew from his hand, flying straight for the flaming Natsu.  "If your defense fails, you will be swallowed up by my darkness!"

Natsu charged, scales appearing on his face and arms.  His eyes widened ferociously, and he slammed right into the black funnel.  He pushed with all of his might, walking slowly forward as his body increased in flame.  Natsu growled, and every step he took his feet broke into the stone ground, breaking it into pieces.

"W-What?"  Mastel replied.  "Impossible!"

Natsu's eyes flashed, and lightning suddenly sparked to life around his body.  "Lightning Fire Dragon's Roar!"  It pushed back Mastel's Dark Tornado, and slammed into Mastel with incredible force.  With so much force in fact, that he was sent sky rocketing through the ceiling.  And with that, a blast of air knocked everyone back, making the ceiling collapse in some areas, and making the ground rumble.

Once it cleared, Erza and everyone else who had been pinned to the wall was released, the black vine disaperating.

"Oh no!"  Wendy cried, pointing to where Lucy was laying.  The ground underneath Lucy was shifting, falling towards the large crevice, about to collapse.

Erza, Gray, and Wendy tried to climb over the mounds of rubble, hurrying to get to Lucy before she fell into the crevice.

"We won't make it in time!"  Erza exclaimed.

Lucy started to fall, her body disappearing over the ledge.  Suddenly, Natsu's hand appeared, grabbing hold of Lucy's arm.

"I've gotcha, Luce!"  He exclaimed, his face strained.  He whiped his head around, because the ground he was on was starting to collapse as well.

"Natsu!  Lucy!"  The other three yelled as Natsu disappeared over the edge.

"Happy!"  Natsu yelled.

"Aye sir!"  Happy exclaimed, diving like a rocket into the crevice after them.

Natsu wrapped his arms around Lucy protectively, holding on tightly as Happy grabbed hold of his shirt.  He sighed in relief, looking down nervously.  "Nice catch, Happy!"

"Aye!"

Slowly while avoiding the rubble, Happy lifted Natsu and the unconscious Lucy up and back towards the surface.

"Lucy, can you hear me?"  Natsu asked, worredly.  "C'mon, wake up..."  He shrugged his shoulder to make her move, but Lucy didn't stir.  Natsu still couldn't smell her scent, even with her right there.  Worry and a bit of fear escalating in his body, Natsu emerged from the crevice, being set down by Happy.

Erza, Wendy and Carla, and Gray were there, smiling with relief.  But that went away when Lucy was still unconscious.

"We better get her back to Master Makarov."  Erza replied.  "Let's hurry."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Lucy opened her eyes, to look at the familiar ceiling of the Fairy Tail guild.

"Oi!  You're awake, Lucy!"

Lucy jumped, almost bumping her head on the ceiling she jumped so high.  but then she noticed she could actually move, and then everything came back to her.  She looked to her left, and saw Natsu and Happy laughing.

Instead of yelling at them, she smiled softly.  "I swear, you two..."

"Happy, go tell everyone Lucy's finally awake."  Natsu said happily.

"Aye sir!"  Happy exclaimed, flying out the door.

"How long was I asleep?"  Lucy asked, putting a hand to her arm in a grimace.

"Ever since we got back."  Natsu replied, his face nuetral.  "Which was two days ago."

"I see."  Lucy murmured, but then remembered something.  "Where are my keys?!"

Natsu's hand appeared in front of her, her Celestial Spirit Keys in his hand.  "Don't worry, I didn't forget them."  He grinned broadly at her, and Lucy blushed slightly, smiling thankfully.

She managed to give him a quick hug.  "Thank you, Natsu.  For not letting me disappear."

Natsu stiffened, but then slowly and akwardly wrapped his arms around Lucy tentatively.  "Why would I?  You're apart of Fairy Tail; this is your home!"  Lucy let go, smiling endearingly down at her keys.  "And you can't get out of being my partner so easily!"  Natsu teased.

Lucy laughed.  "Absolutely!"  Her eyes softened.  "I wouldn't want to leave you or the guild, anyway!"

Natsu froze, and Lucy looked up at him in surprise.  He turned away quickly.  "I-I'll go see what's taking everyone.."

Lucy blinked.  "Was...Was Natsu blushing?"  She murmured questionly.