Chapter 21: Through the Mountains

Hi again, everyone!  I was a little nervous to write this chapter; I was afraid it wouldn't turn out well! ^^; But I thought it came out great, so I hope you think so to!  I'm excited to write the next few chapters!★ Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to bookloveforever for being such a great person and liking my stories...It means a lot that you enjoy them! ;w; I hope you all enjoy this chapter, so enjoy, ne? Feedback is very much appreciated!♥

Ry-chan // xRyrirzuar

=============================================================================

Everyone plopped to the ground, panting heavily.  They had traveled far that day; and could see the temple faintly over the horizon.  If they had to estimate, it would probably be another day until they would get there.  Natsu was the most agitated; he kept glancing at Lucy, knowing her memories were going to fade sooner or later.

In Lucy's mind, she knew even though the closer they got to Virel the slower she lost her memories; but they still faded nonetheless.  And to make it worse, Carla secretly kept having the same exact premonition over and over; like an annoying headache that wouldn't dim.

She knew she had to tell Lucy.

For some reason Carla couldn't tell the others; it was like the premonition itself was meant for Lucy's mind and knowledge alone.  Once everyone had regained their breath, Erza had told Gray and Natsu to fetch some food; even though they had to continue on soon.  Erza was heading to the river; and Wendy was going to follow.  Carla was about to follow, but then stopped, turning to Lucy.

Her face was strained, like she was concentrating all her will on just one thing.

"Trying to keep your memories from slipping?"  Lucy turned her head, and there stood Carla, a depressed expression across her face.

"Carla."  She exclaimed, surprised.  Lucy's face softened sadly.  "Yeah."

"I need to speak with you, Lucy."  Carla replied, crossing her arms.

"What?  Is something wrong?"

Carla paused not sure she should tell Lucy after all.  "Remember the key you were talking about?  Well..."

_______________________________________________________________________________

"I see..."  Lucy murmured, thinking.

Carla's face was strained, wondering what Lucy would say.  She had refrained from telling her about Natsu being restrained and the disappearing body; something she still didn't know who that body belonged to.  But something told her not to say anything, or something bad might happen.

"Thank you for telling me, Carla."  Lucy replied after a moment, smiling slightly.  "It clears things up a little bit."

Carla nodded.  "Let's hope everything becomes clear once we get to the Ceremonial Temple."  She walked away, towards the small river where Wendy was.

Once she was gone, Lucy sighed, looking up at the sky.  What is going on?  She wondered, frustrated.  What does all this mean?  Before she knew it, her eyes started to droop in exhaustion.  Don't...let me loose my memory just yet...  Lucy pleaded in her mind.  

She fell asleep.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Natsu, and Gray were able to find food, but not before having a spar with each other in the woods.  Once they got back, Erza, Wendy and Carla were nowhere to be seen.  They saw Lucy though, who was asleep a few feet away underneath a tree.