Chapter 19: Close Call

Hello again, everyone!!  I was excited to start writing again, now that it's the weekend!~♥  I was itching all week to get the ball rolling, nyan~  So, here's the next chapter, yay!★  I dedicate this chapter to ReneexSakka because she has given such flattering complements about my stories...That means a lot! c':  She also has read all the way through, and I appreciate that so much!  Thank you all for sticking with me so far! ♡  Arigato!  Well, I hope you enjoy this chapter; I'll be writing up a storm!  Sayonara!!

Ry-chan // xRyrirzuar

=================================================================================

Lucy had explained everything to Erza, Gray, and Natsu. She told them about her vision; how Virel had told her about his multiple magic personality and how he needed her magic and someone else's in order to go back in time.

"But why does he need to go back in time?" Gray asked, his hands in his pockets as he looked up at the sky.

"Maybe he didn't catch enough fish before he got sick..." Happy mewed, and Lucy sweat dropped.

Erza crossed her arms. "I'm not sure either, but we need to find him quickly before he does anything rash."

"Am I the only one who's noticed, or is there no people around?" Natsu asked.

Flinching in recognition, everyone spread out a few paces to confirm that Natsu was right.

"But that isn't right..." Lucy replied, clutching her head. "I saw a bunch of people when I saw him in Time City..."

"He's done something with them." Wendy replied, clutching Carla for reasurrance.

"We better spread out, and look for clues before we go full out and try to stop Virel." Erza replied.

"We don't have time for that!" Natsu exclaimed. "We hafta' stop Virel before Lucy looses her memories!"

Lucy put a reasurring hand on Natsu's shoulder. "It's okay, Natsu. I'm fine. The closer we get the less progressive my memories go." Despite her confident tone, her eyes were shaking with uncertainty.

"Lucy..." Natsu murmured, frustrated.

"Lucy, If you don't mind, would you go to the Library-"

"If they even have one..." Gray murmured.

Erza gave Gray a stare, and he stiffened. "...And see if you can dig up any information? You seem particuarly good at that."

Lucy nodded determidly. "Right!" She started to jog off.

Erza turned to Natsu. "Go with Lucy. She's obviously being targeted, so until we find out who the other person is Virel needs for his schemes, we should guard her."

"Right." Natsu replied, jogging after Lucy with Happy flying slightly above him.

Erza looked at Gray and Wendy, and smiled with tiredness. "Looks like we are going to get into another fight."

Gray nodded. "Yeah... I can't help thinking Black Essence is somehow tied to all of this."

Erza nodded in agreement. "We need to find out who the other person is."

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Oi, Lucy!" Natsu called, looking up at Lucy who was high up on a ladder, looking for clues. "Find anything yet?"

Lucy looked back, shaking her head. "No, not yet!" She yelled back down.

They could be loud because no one was around; something they didn't have to worry about. They had been searching for awhile, already have gone through two giant bookcases that towered at least twenty feet high. Happy had wanted to help, so he had flew off somewhere doing who knows what. And while Lucy was looking, one small memory had left her mind, and she didn't even know it.

"I think I might have found something!" Lucy exclaimed, sliding a few feet to skim her finger along the spines of the hardcover books. She stopped at one, and looked at the title for a few moments. It read: All Dark and Good Symbols Over The Centuries. "Maybe this will help..." Lucy murmured to herself. She jerked backwards. "Hey, Natsu! I-" She stopped, gasping as her boot slipped off the ladder, and she started to fall.

"Lucy!" Natsu yelled, running to catch her. He was able to just grab her before she hit the floor. They skidded across the ground, and slammed into another bookcase nearby. Rubbing his head, Natsu looked down at Lucy. "Hey Luce, you oka-" He stopped, hearing a creaking noise.

Natsu and Lucy looked up, and yelled in surprise when they saw the bookshelf they had slammed into start to creak, leaning in their direction. "Lucy!" Natsu exclaimed, hugging Lucy tighty while using his body as a shield to protect her from the falling books.

"Natsu!" Lucy exclaimed, books hitting Natsu and he grunted in slight pain.

Natsu was ready to stop the case from falling on them, but it didn't follow; it was stopped by the bookcase across from them. After a minute making sure everything had stopped, Natsu pulled slowly away from Lucy, rubbing his head.

"Are you alright?" Lucy asked, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Natsu gave her a reasurring and broad smile. "Yep!" He looked at the bookcase that was leaning over them. "That was a close one."

Lucy nodded, sighing in relief. Suddenly she exclaimed in surprise. "Ah! W-Where's the book??" She looked frantically around, and spotted it across the floor near the ladder she had fallen from. "There!" She stood, leaning so she wouldn't touch the bookcase that precautiously leaned above them.

She climbed over the mound of books, with Natsu right behind her. Lucy walked over, bending her knees to crouch. She reached for the book, sighing slightly in relief when it was confirmed it was the right one.

She turned to Natsu. "Let's check this one out!"

Natsu nodded enthusiastically. "Alright! Finally, we found something!"

Lucy laughed happily. "Maybe we'll be able to-" She stopped, because everything spun and she started to fall.

"Lucy!" Natsu called in alarm.

Lucy fainted, and everything went black.