Chapter 26: Together

No!  This is the final chapter of Fairy Tail: Invincible Wills and Feelings!  I was so depressed, but I was so happy to write this chapter<3  I really don't want this to happen, but this NaLu fanfiction has come to a close. ;m;  I hope you all enjoyed this fanfiction as much as I enjoyed writing it!  I dedicate this very last chapter to LucyAshleyHeartfilia, because she is not only a great writer and has awesome NaLu fanfictions herself, but is one if my idols. c:  I will now be currently working on my story "Guardians", so could you all check that out?  Arigato!♥  I hope you all enjoy the final chapter of my second NaLu fanfiction!  Let's hope it doesn't disappoint you, ne?  Feedback is, as always, extremely appreciated!

Ry-chan // xRyrirzuar

===============================================================================

Erza, Gray, Wendy, Carla and Happy were all standing outside, waiting for Natsu and Lucy to appear from the ruins.  Happy was flying in circles in agitation, while Carla's eyes shook with grief.

"What is it, Carla?"  Wendy asked, crouching down next to her.

"I didn't realize..."  Carla murmured, clenching her paws.  "...That it would be Lucy!"  Tears appeared on the corner of her eyes.

"C-Carla?"  Wendy asked, concern on her face.  "What's wrong?"

Carla raised her head, to see everyone looking at her.  "It was Lucy.  I had a premonition a long time ago, showing Natsu being held back.  And-And a body was disappearing, and Natsu was crying.  I didn't think it would be Lucy!"

Erza and everyone else froze, their eyes widening in dismay.

"Y-You mean?"  Wendy murmured, and tears gathered in her eyes.

"Let's go, Erza!"  Gray exclaimed, and Erza nodded.

They started to run, but stopped abruptly as Natsu appeared from the ruins, his eyes hidden from sight by his hair.  His teeth was clenched visibly, and his fists were tightly closed at his sides.

"Natsu..."  Erza murmured.

"Natsu-nee, is it true?"  Wendy asked, crying.  Natsu eyes appeared, and everyone flinched in surprise once they saw his face.

He had tears falling from his eyes, even though his face was in a neutral expression.  "She's gone."  His fists became even tighter.  "She's-She's gone!"  He collapsed to his knees, a hand over his eyes, covering his forehead and his fingertips clutching the root of his hair over his forehead.

Gray leaned against a part of the Ceremonial Temple ruins, his mind gone blank.  Erza turned away, looking out over the mountains.  Happy was standing beside Natsu, tears in his eyes and snot coming out of his nose.  Wendy cried even more, and--surprisingly--Carla cried as well.  

"Let's go."  Erza's voice cracked, breaking the heavy silence.  "We need to go back to the guild."

You need to go back to the guild, and make it number one again, okay?  Natsu flinched as Lucy's beautiful voice echoed through his mind.  He rubbed his eyes, standing.  "Lucy wants us to make Fairy Tail number one again, so that's exactly what we are going to do."

Erza turned, nodding.  "Let's go, everyone."  Everyone started to walk, but Natsu stayed behind.

"Aren't you coming?"  Gray asked, his hands in his pockets to hide how much they shook.

Natsu forced a grin on his face.  "I'll be right behind you in a sec."

Uncertain, Gray turned, following everyone else.  Happy still had tears in his eyes, and he flew off with Gray, thinking even Natsu need to be completely alone for awhile.

Natsu looked up at the still crumbling ruins, his face impassive.  "I promise, Lucy."  He murmured, smiling sadly as he sat down on a rock nearby; coincidently the same one Virel had sat on in Lucy's vision.

"Natsu."

Natsu looked up, seeing Loke standing there.  "Loke."  He replied.  "You heard, then."

Loke nodded.  "And you're stupid."

"What?"  Natsu asked, a bubble of anger growing in his chest along with the surprise of Loke's outburst.

Loke smirked.  "We didn't appear at all this entire time; why do you think that is?"

"Cause...Lucy didn't summon you?"  Natsu replied stupidly.

"No, stupid."  Loke sighed, calling it out.  "We were preparing a spell to save Lucy."

Natsu's breath seemed to stop.  "Save her?"

Loke smirked knowingly again, adjusting the glasses on his face.  "This entire time, we were all working together to use a spell.  A spell so complex, it took even the Celestial Spirit King's help in order to complete it."

"What are you talking about?"  Natsu asked, confused already.

Loke smiled.  "We pulled Lucy into the Celestial Spirit World before she disappeared."

Natsu froze.  "D-Does that mean?"

Loke moved to the right.  "See for yourself."  A light appeared, and...

Lucy walked out.

"Lucy!"  Natsu exclaimed, relief overflowing in him like a volcano.  "You're alive!"  A real smile appeared on his face.

"Natsu!"  Lucy exclaimed, running right into him.

"See ya."  Loke replied, saluting before fading.  Natsu and Lucy paid no attention, though.

Natsu's arms instantly wrapped around Lucy.  "You're alive, you're okay..."  Tears had built it's way into Lucy's eyes, and she clutched Natsu tightly.  "I-I wasn't able to hug you when I was restrained."  Natsu replied, his arms shaking.  "I can now, though."  Lucy felt a tear hit her hair, and she looked up in surprise.  "I thought you were dead..."  Natsu murmured, crying as he pressed Lucy's forehead to his jaw.

Lucy hiccuped.  "I thought I was, too.  But Loke and everyone else saved me, and they saved Astarot too..."

"I'm so glad your okay."  Natsu replied, relief in his voice.  "Don't ever leave my side again, Lucy."

"I won't."  Lucy replied, looking up at him with a cute smile.  "Sorry to scare you."

Lucy blinked, because before she knew it, Natsu pressed his lips to hers, hugging her tightly.  After a moment of complete and utter surprise, Lucy closed her eyes, kissing him back.  When they pulled away, Lucy's face had gone a beat red.

"I didn't realize it until you disappeared, but..."  Natsu blushed slighty, rubbing the back of his head embarissingly.  "...I love you, Lucy."  He replied, grinning broadly at her with a slight blush on his cheeks.

After a minute of stunned silence, Lucy smiled, nodding.  "I love you too, Natsu."

"Lucy!"

Natsu turned, and Lucy peaked over his shoulder as everyone ran towards her, dog-piling her.  Erza was crying dramatically, while Wendy cried into her shoulder.  Carla and Happy were hugging her thighs, but Happy was the one who was crying.  However, small tears of happiness were on the edges of Carla's eyes.  Lucy was trying to make all of them feel better at once, laughing.  Gray was standing with his hands in his pockets, smirking down at the bunch.

"Oi, Lucy."  Natsu called, and she looked up in surprise, a very slight blush leftover from just a few minutes ago.  "Let's go home and make Fairy Tail number one again together, alright?"

Lucy nodded, standing.  "Absolutely."

============================================================================

Thank you all for everything.  Until next time,

~Ry-chan // xRyrirzuar