Chapter 17: Memory Loss

Heyooo again, everyone~!♥  Thank you for reading so far, it means so much to me... ;w;  I'm sorry if I made you wait, but here's the next chapter!  I hope it lives up to your expectations!  I dedicate this chapter to nalufanforever123 because she has given me SO much feedback...I'm so grateful, thanks so much for all the complements and such!<3  I hope you all enjoy this chapter, nyan!~★  Feedback is very much appreciated! ;)  'Till next time!

Ry-chan // xRyrirzuar

==========================================================================================

A man in a dark and long cloak walked through the woods, heading straight to the Ceremonial Temple.

"I'm almost there..." Virel replied, amusement and confidence in his tone. "I will seek vengeance on you, Rafaiel." His eyes flashed a dark gray, churning and then turning black before returning to their original color. "Using Lucy's Celestial Magic and his magic, I will be able to go back in time in order to stop Rafaiel from sealing away the Black Being."

_______________________________________________________________________________

Lucy opened her eyes, sunlight streaming in through the train window. She blinked a few times, adjusting her eyes to the light. The train had stopped, having reached it's destination at Twel City.

Twel City, huh? She thought, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. It's a small town; infamous. The only reason we are stopping here is because this is where we board the next train that will take us to Time City...?! Lucy sucked in her breath tightly, not being able to remember what had happened the second day after she joined Fairy Tail. I-I forgot what happened the second day? Didn't I...go on a mission, or... Lucy put a hand to her head and clenched her teeth. This is progressing on a lot faster than I thought it would... She thought, tears threatening to spill over. He's taking my memories too fast!

Natsu gurgled, recovering from his motion sickness slowly.

Jerked out her thoughts, Lucy looked over at Natsu and frowned, scared once again. I don't want to forget him. I don't want to forget everyone. The scary part is... Lucy looked back out the window, her eyes hidden in shadow. Is that any memory could disappear at any time.

_______________________________________________________________________________

After Natsu had recovered from his motion sickness, Happy and him went to look for a place to stay, while Lucy decided to go to the library, seeing if she could settle her mind there. She hadn't told Natsu about losing another memory; it would have just made him worry and make Lucy panic more than she ought to. Once she got there, she went to the front desk her objection to ask where her favorite novels were located.

But that changed once she saw the book.

"Um, excuse me." Lucy replied, and the lady turned around. "May I read that?" She asked, pointing to the mysterious book on the top of the pile.

Looking a bit surprised, the lady handed the green-covered book to her, and Lucy thanked her properly. Carrying the book with her, she stared at the cover. The title was History of Celestial Wizards; what was strange was that there was no author. Finding a seat, Lucy opened it up to the first page, scrolling through as fast as her brain would allow.

Most of this she's heard of, but one made her heart skip a beat as her eyes laid over it. It was just two words:

Forbidden Key.

Lucy was able to take a breath after a few seconds, regaining her composure. She has heard of the Thirteenth Key and it's rumors, but somehow she felt this wasn't the same thing. She continued reading under that column.

"There is said to be a Celestial Key out somewhere in the world, hidden in the depths of ruins and darkness. It's said to be stronger than all the Twelve Golden Zodiac Keys combined, even when they are at their max powers. No one has ever been able to wield this key; well, for the ones who've found it which is only two people who existed hundreds of years ago. The power of the ancient key is too overwhelming for anyone to master, not even the best of Celestial Mages could or can handle the radiant power from it."

"Wow." Lucy replied, astonished. "And no one has seen that key in forever too? Incredible; I wonder what kind of spirit it is..." She closed the book, the Forbidden Key still running through her mind. Abruptly, she felt another memory slip, leaving a huge gap in her mind. She remembered an Iron Dragon Slayer by the name of...Gajeel? How did he enter the guild? Lucy knew she had met him on a bad circumstance before he became part of the guild...but she couldn't remember.

And she knew why.

A tear fell from her eye and landed on the cover of the book, and Lucy felt a strange fog starting to form over her lost memories. I can't remember how I met Gajeel! She screamed in her mind, fear covering her body. I'm losing my memories fast! She rubbed her eyes, trying to stop the tears. What am I gonna do?! I can lose all of them anytime...

"Lucy!" Lucy looked up suddenly, seeing Happy flying towards her.

Natsu however, was staring at her like he had seen a ghost.

"Lucy?" He asked, seeing that she had been crying. "What's going on?"

"Hey, you've been crying Lucy." Happy mewed, looking at her face with worry. "Why?"

Lucy hiccupped, and she forced her tears back. "I-I can't remember!"

Fear flashed across Happy and Natsu's faces, and Natsu ran to her side, resting his hands on her shoulders. "Lucy, what don't you remember?"

"How did we meet Gajeel?!" She exclaimed, her eyes wide with despair. "I don't know! I can't remember other small things either..."

"Gajeel tried to capture you for your dad, remember?!" Natsu exclaimed. "He tore down the guild and tried to kill us! But then he became a good guy, and became part of the guild, helping us all the time! Remember?!"

"No! Is that how we first met him?!" Lucy clutched her head. "I remember some of things he's done to help us, and he is on our side, with Lily as his partner. But..."

"He was responsible for Levy and Master Makarov getting hurt too!" Natsu replied, trying again.

Fear flashed through Lucy's eyes, and Natsu flinched.

Lucy gulped, holding back tears. "Who-Who's Levy?"