Chapter 11: The Dark Man

Welcome back, everyone~  I'd just like to say arigato. ♥ Thanks for sticking with me so far; it means a lot to me!!<3  Here is the next chapter, nyan!~★ Hope you like it! I dedicate this chapter once again to LucyAshleyHeartfilia... I mean her fan fictions are just to die for!♡ Be sure to check her out, you got me? ;) Enjoy!

Ry-chan // xRyrirzuar

==============================================================================

"Oi, Lucy!"

Lucy turned, smiling as Natsu and Happy approached her outside, since today was her day to clean.  "Natsu!  Happy!"  She rested her elbow on top of the broom, sighing.

"What are you doing?"  Happy asked, walking beside Natsu's feet.

"What's it look like?  I'm cleaning."  She sighed, looking around.  "I hate Tuesdays."

"Well, when you get done, Natsu wants to show you something!"  Happy exclaimed, jumping up and down.

"Aw, Happy!  I wanted to tell her!"  Natsu pouted.

Lucy couldn't help but laugh.  "Right.  I'll be done soon."  She turned around, returning to her work.  "I'll come tell you when I'm done."

"Aye!"  Happy and Natsu said in unision, walking off happily and into the guild.

Lucy watched them go, smiling.  I love Fairy Tail, no matter what the status.  We'll get it back up, I'm sure...  She looked up at the blue sky, the wind picking up and making the clouds move high in the sky.  All of my friends have protected me...  Her facial features turned to determination.  I'll protect them no matter what, too.

Lucy widened her eyes, jerking her head around to see the same dark figure vanish just as she layed eyes on it.  There it was again.  Lucy thought shakily.  She didn't take her eyes off the place the dark mass disappeared as she walked into the guild.  I've been seeing that thing for a week now.  What's going on?

_______________________________________________________________________________

Lucy opened the door, spotting Natsu sitting boredly at the bar table, waiting for her.  Happy was finishing a fish, and burped as he swallowed it.

Lucy held back another laugh.  "Natsu!"  She called, and he turned.  His face lit up seeing that she was done and ready to go.

He beckoned Happy to follow, walking with his knees high and his hands behind his head to Lucy.  "Finally!"  Natsu, exclaimed.  "You took so long, Lucy!"

Lucy sighed, shaking her head.  "I swear, you have no patience, Natsu.  That was only ten minutes."

"Seemed a lot longer than that!"  Happy mewed, his wings appearing on his back.  He floated into the air, flying around their heads.  "Hurry Natsu!  Let's go show Lucy!"  He whined, tapping Natsu's head.

"Right."  He looked at Lucy.  "Follow Happy and I!"

Lucy nodded, setting the broom against the wall and walking out the door after Natsu.  Suddenly, she stopped, feeling the same dark presence again.  Slowly, she turned her head, her eyes widening as they landed on the figure.  But she took a small breath, because this time it had an appearance.  It was a pale skinned man with blue eyes and black hair, with a long black coat on.  It covered his torso, so Lucy couldn't see his shirt.  But his pants were also black, and he had strange marking lining his face and hands.  There was a mark on the collar bone of his cloak too; a full circle with a three in the middle, the end of the three cascading out of the circle and into a squiggly line that turned into a cross at the end.

His eyes flashed, and Lucy took a step back, her eyes becoming reflectionless and her pupils contracting.  Who is that?  Lucy thought, terrified.  She turned to Natsu, who was still walking like he never saw anything.  And how come Natsu doesn't sense anything or smell anything?  Lucy turned back to the man, but he had disappeared.  He's gone!  Lucy inhaled sharply, shaking.  She looked down, feeling her keys start to vibrate.  My keys are rattling...W-What could that mean?  Lucy shook her head, blinking a few times.  No, it...has to be an illusion or something...

"Lucy?"

Lucy jerked out of her mind, seeing Natsu standing in front of her worredly.  

"You okay?"  Natsu asked, resting a hand on her shoulder.

Lucy looked behind him at the spot where the dark man had disapeared, gulping.  "Y-Yeah.  I'm fine, so...let's keep going.  I'm anxious to see what you are so eager to show me!"

After a minute, Natsu smiled.  "Alright, hurry up or you'll be left behind!"  He exclaimed, walking away quickly.

"Wait, the purpose is showing me something, right?!  So you can't leave me behind!"  Lucy yelled after him, Happy floating around in the sky above them.

Behind the trees the shadow man appeared again, watching the two's backs as they jogged down the road.

He scowled.  "It's her.  I must kill her.  I must."  His eyes drifted to Natsu.  "And completely terminate him."

And with the wind blowing, the man disappeared into the breeze, his dark cloud evaporating.