Chapter 10: Is It Really Over?

Surprise, haha!  ^^ Here is another chapter, I thought you guys would be happy to have one right now~!  I dedicate this chapter to YOAItheaCrumps I hope you all enjoy it! ♥

Ry-chan // xRyrirzuar

================================================================================

Lucy stood by a tree, on the cliff that over looked the city.  She had just arrived there, and decided to sit down, wrapping her arms around her knees.  The wind blew, and Lucy's hair swished in the breeze as leaves fell from the oak above her.  Her mind flashed with the red eyes of Mastel, and she clutched her head with her hand, sweat falling down her forehead.

I'll be having nightmares for awhile, I guess...  Lucy thought, lifting her head to look back out over the city.

_______________________________________________________________________________

"Where's Lucy?"  Happy asked.

Natsu looked up from the table at him.  "Did she run off again?"  He stood.

"Where are you going, Natsu?"  Happy asked, flying over his head to the door.

"I'll go find Lucy.  We don't want the same thing happening again, do we?"  He gave happy a grin.  "You can stay here and relax, Happy."

Happy blinked as Natsu opened the door.  "O-Okay, Natsu..."  Natsu shut the door.

He hopped down eagerly from the steps, walking in the direction Lucy's scent was.  "Let's hope her scent doesn't disappear this time."  He replied, sighing.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Lucy breathed deeply, smiling slightly.  I'm glad all of that is over.  She thought.  She suddenly narrowed her eyes.  Is it really?

"Oi, Lucy!"  Lucy looked up, and saw Natsu grinning above her with his arms crossed.  "I found you!"  He exclaimed, sitting down next to her.

"Natsu!"  She exclaimed with happy surprise.

Natsu leaned back on his hands, his legs bent.  "What are you doing out here by yourself?  Everyone is celebrating back in the guild!"

Lucy looked back out at the city.  "Thinking, I guess."  She turned to look at him.  "What did you come out here for?"

"Looking for you, of course."  He replied, looking up at the sky.  "I was afraid you'd disappear again."  He grinned broadly, looking down fro the clouds to Lucy's surprised face.  "We wouldn't want that, now would we?"

Lucy frowned slightly.  "Yeah..."

"Something wrong, Lucy?"  Natsu asked, leaning forward to look at her face.

"I hope it really is over."  Lucy replied, her eyes twitching in remembrance.  "I'm sorry I wasn't much help during the battle against Mastel, Natsu."

"What are you talkin' about, Lucy?"  Lucy looked up in surprise.  "If you hadn't brought out Loke, I would have been in trouble."  Natsu sighed.  "And besides, your soul was falling out of your body, right?"  Lucy nodded slightly.  "I doubt you could have done much about it."

After a moment, Lucy smiled.  "Yeah, thanks Natsu."  She looked back out at the city, feeling better.  Suddenly, she felt a presence behind her, and jerked her head and torso behind her, looking at the woods with wide eyes.

"What is it, Lucy?"  Natsu asked, surprised by her sudden movements.

Lucy's eyes were wide, and her mind stressful.  "I.."  She turned back forward, pulling in her legs to wrap her arms around them tightly.  "..hope it really is over."  Tears gathered in her eyes, but she smiled up at Natsu.  "Thank you for saving me, again."  She laughed at the last part, looking down.  "I'm hopeless sometimes."

Natsu grabbed Lucy's left shoulder, and pulled her to where she was leaning against his chest.  You couldn't see Natsu's eyes, and the rest of his face was impassive.  Lucy blushed.  "You're not useless, Lucy."

Lucy's eyes were wide in surprise, but then her face softened and she smiled.  "That means a lot, Natsu."  She leaned completely back, closing her eyes.  "Thank you."

Natsu kept his hand on Lucy's shoulder, his hair still hidding his eyes.  Lucy was smiling, her eyes closed with a slight blush on her face.  Little did they know a dark presence was behind them, watching.

Observing.

====================================================================================

Who is this mysterious person in the shadows?!  Is the battle really over?!

We'll just have to see, won't we? ;)