Chapter 23: Forgotten

Hello again, guys!  Here is the next chapter!  and don't worry; I've already written the next chapter, so that will be posted!  Sorry for leaving you with that ending, haha, but I like cliffhangers sometimes. ;)  Anyways, I dedicate this chapter to SheenaMarieLao for also being a Fairy Tail lover, and for liking my story!  Enjoy, ne?  Feedback is always appreciated!~

Ry-chan // xRyrirzuar

===============================================================================

It all makes sense!  Lucy thought, running as quickly as she could up the steps.  Natsu is a Dragon Slayer; all Dragon Slayer magic is special in it's own way!  But why would he go after Natsu??  Wouldn't Wendy also be a canidate?

"Erza, Gray, Wendy, and Carla are already there!  They've been trying to free Natsu, but Virel's too strong!"  Happy exclaimed, flying right beside Lucy.

"Everyone's there already?!"  How long was I in the tunnels?

"Of course!  It's been almost an hour since we've fallen in here!"

Lucy stopped, mystified.  "An hour?"  She looked back, staring at the darkness behind her with fear.  That long?

"Hurry, Lucy!"  Happy exclaimed.

"Right, sorry Happy!"  Lucy exclaimed, continuing her treck up the steps.  "Are these stupid steps ever going to end?!"  Just as she said that, light enveloped her and Happy, and they stopped, panting.  

Lucy gasped when she recognized the room.

It was the same room as before, in her dream.

The one with the key.

"What's that, Lucy?"  Happy asked, flying to the side of the podium.

"This is the key I dreamt about..."  Lucy murmured, walking up to the side of the podium.  "It's supposed to be a powerful key..."

"Well then use it to help Natsu and the others!"  Happy exclaimed, scared.

Lucy flinched when she realized Happy was right.  Tentatively, she reached for the key, and nothing happened as she wrapped her fingers around it.  "Alright."  She slid it in with her other keys, making sure it was secure inside.  "Let's go!"

"Aye!"  Happy exclaimed, and they ran through the door on the other side of the room.  They entered a small cave-hallway, and ran through it quickly.

"There!"  Lucy exclaimed, pointing.

Erza and Gray were spread out, panting.  They were wounded; gashes along Gray's arms--He was half naked again, Lucy noticed with a sweat drop--and legs.  Erza's armor disappeared, returning to her usual Heart Kruez armor.  She used a sword for support.  Wendy and Carla were unconscious, laying next to each other.

"Oh my god..."  Lucy whispered, tears gathering in her eyes.  "Was I really gone for a whole hour?!"

A horror so large grew in her stomach she felt nautious, for there across the room was Natsu.

He was hanging by his arms, chains wrapped around his wrists.  He layed against a giant rock, symbols decorating the sides of it.  He looked completely beat up; cuts and bruises covered his body like sick decorations.  Natsu was unconscious, something Lucy feared.  She was used to seeing Natsu strong, always; standing up and never falling down in a fight.  N-Not...

Not like this.

"Natsu!  Everyone!"  Lucy exclaimed, fear radiating from her voice.

"Lucy..."  Erza mumbled, one eye shut in pain.  "You're here."

Lucy turned to Virel, tears flowing into the air behind her.  "Virel!"

Virel stood, unscathed, smirking down at them from his "throne".  He had his legs crossed, formal; something that angered Lucy.

"How dare you hurt my friends!"  Lucy yelled.

"So you're here, Lucy Heartfilia..."  Virel murmured, excitement resting on his features.

Natsu stirred.  "W-What?"

"Natsu!"  Happy exclaimed, starting to fly towards him.

Virel smirked.

Lucy took in a sharp breath, understanding.  "Wait, Happy!"  She ran after him, and Virel summoned a jet of energy, so bright it cast dark shadows around everyone's bodies.  "Happy!"  Lucy exclaimed, grabbing Happy in mid-air and throwing him out of the way.

Turning in slow motion, Lucy widened her eyes as the bomb of energy flew right into her, exploding.

"Lucy!"  Everyone exclaimed, staring with fear at the place Lucy was targeted.

They blocked their eyes, the collision too bright to look at.  

Happy stared wide-eyed regardlessly, fear and realization on his face.  He sat on the ground, a result from Lucy throwing him.  His wings had disappeared.  "L-Lucy?"

Once it cleared, Lucy sat on her knees, her head bent so they couldn't see her face.  Her clothes smoked slightly.

"Lucy!"  Natsu yelled, struggling to break free.  "Damn it!"

Erza was able to stand, and she half ran, half jogged, wounded to Lucy's side.  She dropped to the ground, putting a hand on her shoulder.  "Are you alright, Lucy?"  She stopped, gasping slightly when Lucy lifted her head.

Fear and confusion was plastered on her face.  "W-Who are you?  Who am I?  What-What is going on?"

Everyone stared at Lucy with horror, realizing all her memories were gone.

"I don't understand!  I thought the closer Lucy was to Virel, the more time it would take for Lucy's memories to disappear!"  Gray exclaimed, utter bewilderment on his face.

Wendy had come to as Lucy was being hit by the blast, and she was now clutching an unconscious Carla in her lap.  "And I thought Lucy would only loose the memories of Fairy Tail!  How come she doesn't know who she is?"

Fury encased Natsu, and pure anger plastered itself on Natsu's face.  His pupils contracted, becoming small black dots as he clenched his teeth tightly and visibly.  "Virel!"  Natsu yelled, hatred vibrating through his voice.

Virel chuckled.  "I decided to take all her memories instead."

Anger appeared on everyone's faces.

"Give Lucy's memories back!"  Natsu yelled, his hands flaming.

"Lucy...?  It's okay."  Erza murmured, carefully putting hands on Lucy's shoulders.  "I'm-I'm a friend."

Lucy started crying.  "Who are you?  Who am I?"

Surprisingly, tears started gather on Erza's eyes.  "My name's Erza.  Listen; your name's Lucy.  Lucy Heartfilia.  You-"

"No!"  Lucy cried, pulling away from Erza.  Tears hit her thighs.  "You look so familiar!  Wh-Why...?!  S-Someone help me!"  She screamed.

Suddenly, a bright light appeared from Lucy's key holder, causing everyone to close their eyes for protection.  Erza backed away, being forced back.

When the light disappeared, Lucy was gone.