Chapter 15: The Truth Comes Out; Part 1

Shock; that's what Louis was in as he stared at Doctor Micheal, eyes wide, breath caught in his throat. His eyes looked down to the desk, than back up to the doctor, his mouth slightly ajar.

"Female reproductive system?" Louis asked, making sure he heard the American Doctor right. He nodded. Louis lowered his eyes to his lap for a brief second before returning them to the doctor. "So... What now?"

"Well, there's two options." Doctor Michael said. "You can keep the child---and raise it. Or, you can have an abortion and end it all."

Abortion... Louis cringed at the word. Abortion is never right! Abortion should never be an option. "Abortion is never an option... To kill a child you created is the worst possible thing to ever do." He gave the doctor of look of disgust. "Don't ever tell someone that's an option. You tell them to keep the child and raise it. Or give it up to adoption. But never EVER give them the choice of abortion!"

Putting his hands up in surrender, Doctor Michael nodded. "Okay, I promise I won't."

Louis nodded and rubbed his stomach slowly. "Guess I'm gonna be a father, now." He said, changing the subject. He smiled at the thought. "This is exciting, yet terrifying!"

"Why so?" The young doctor asked intriguingly.

"The thought of being a parent is exciting, to raise a child. But..." Louis frowned slightly, biting his lower lip. "Harry not wanting him is what scares me. I mean, I don't want him to not want a child, but I don't want him to leave me."

Doctor Michael nodded. "You haven't told him?"

"No..." Louis shook his head sadly and lowered his head. He felt Doctor Micheal place his hand on his shoulder and rub it slowly.

"When are going to? It's best to tell him soon."

Biting his lip, till he was sure it would start bleeding, Louis squeezed his eyes tightly and held back tears. "I don't know. I don't want to tell him. I don't want him to leave me and I don't want to give up our child!"

"Who said he wouldn't want this baby?" The young American doctors words made Louis ease up a bit from his tension. "You'll never know if you don't tell him."

Licking his lips, the British lad nodded. "I suppose you're right." He raised his head to face the doctor and sighed softly. "I'll tell him, but that means we're going to have to tell the other lads that we're dating too."

Doctor Michael narrowed his eyes confusingly. "They don't know you're dating?"

Louis pressed his lips into a thin line and shook his head. "No. Harry and I have been dating for almost two months now. We just wanted to wait until the time was right before we said anything."

"Well, looks like there is no better time than now."

"No kidding." He sighed. "I guess I better be going. It's gonna be a long night after I tell them the news."

"I wish you the best of luck." Doctor Michael smiled politely and shook Louis' hand. "Safe drive home."

"Thank you, Doctor Michael."

"Call me Nick."

"Thank you, Nick."

Louis smiled and adjusted his jacket before turning on heel and heading to the door. He had his hand on the doorknob when Doctor Michael called out to him. "Oh, and Louis." He turned to him and took a low breath.

"Yes?"

"Love is never worth a life."

Louis blinked at his words, slightly confused. "I'll remember that."