The First Cut is the Deepest

River POV

Meredith is looking for roommates apparently. She was asking me if I could be one and that when my fiancée arrives he can stay with. She didn't really know the drama it was going to bring but who knows, it would save us some money. She was having interview after interview here and was finding people she didn't care for. Now, it seems she is being confronted by Izzie and George, "Why do you put up posters for roommates if you don't want roommates?" Izzie asked.

"I do want roommates, I asked River cause she is living in a hotel right now, but we're together a hundred hours a week, you want to live together too?" Meredith questioned.

"No. Ooh, you're bringing bribes now?" Cristina motioned to the coffee in Meredith's hand. "I need a place to live. My mom irons my scrubs. I have to get out of there," George urged.

"It's not a bribe. I don't think it's a good idea," Meredith spoke up.

"But I can put down last, first, and deposit," George urged yet again.

"It's totally a bribe," Cristina and I spoke.

"I can cook. And I'm an obsessive cleaner,"

"No. I just want two total strangers who I don't have to talk to, or be nice to, other than River, and it's not a bribe, it's a mocha latte," Meredith denied.

Bailey comes up to us, "George, you're running code team, Meredith, take trauma patients, Cristina and River, deliver the weekend labs to the patients, Izzie, you're on sutures," which was when Meredith did in fact show she had a bribe which set off the other interns in my group before Bailey snapped, "Stop talking. Every intern wants to perform their first surgery, that's not your job. Do you know what your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident's happy. Do I look happy? No. Why? Because my interns, except River, are whining. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma patients answered, having the weekend labs delivered, and having someone down in the Pit, doing the sutures," she took the latte, "No one holds a scalpel until I'm happy I'm so happy I'm Mary freakin' Poppins,"

"Mocha latte my ass," Cristina muttered.

"Why're y'all still standing there? Move!" We all left, and apparently Meredith would run into Shepherd again.

Cristina and I split up the lab results and delivered them to the correct patients and met up at the end, "There's a rape victim that came in, apparently she bit off the guy's penis," Cristina said. I had paused trying not to think of my own experience that thankfully did not go that far, too bad Cristina noticed; "Were you..." she trailed off.

"Just assaulted, unfortunately that was how I met my fiancée, he interfered before it became rape," I told her quietly. "I hope that girl wakes up, I wanna high five her," I added. Cristina nodded in agreement, anybody who could do that to a rapist would gain many people's respect.

George then walked up to us, "Do you know what the code team does? Saves lives. I shock a heart and someone lives to see another day. It's upbeat. It's glass half full," he bragged.

"Bambi, don't say another word until after the hunter shoots your mother," Cristina spoke up.

"I don't like you,"

"Well I have a B.A. from Smith, a Ph. D from Berkeley, and an MD from Stanford and I'm delivering lab results. Thankfully River is on this too, or else I would've been working on it all day,"

"Then get started," Bailey spoke up, surprising us all.

"Oh, uh, I wasn't complaining. I-I don't-,"