Enough is Enough

River POV

"It's not us. It's them. Them and their stupid boy penises. They didn't tell me they had a wife. They gave absolutely no warning that they were going to break up with you. Thank God for Mark Sloan and River Blackburn," Meredith declared in her drunk state. The shower door opened revealing Cristina, "It's not that Burke broke up with me. It's how he broke up with me. Like it was business. Like it was a business transition like he's the boss of me!" she ranted.

"He is the boss of you," Meredith and I both said.

"And what's worse is that I care," Cristina admitted.

"I'm gonna throw up again," Meredith said and I quickly moved from my spot, sitting on the toilet seat lid as Meredith lifted up the seat, "No, wait. False alarm."

"Look, the problem is estrogen," Cristina argued.

"No, the problem is tequila," Meredith countered.

"I used to be all business, and then he goes and gets me pregnant," Cristina whined.

"With the stupid boy penis," Meredith added.

"Now, I'm having hormone surges. He ruined me. I'm ruined. He turned me into this fat, stupid, pregnant girl. Who cares! Estrogen!" Cristina cried.

Cristina slid the door shut again when Meredith said, "Penises. Penises River. Welcome back Izzie," she said. The bathroom door had opened to reveal Izzie and George, George went to brush his teeth while Izzie had a bottle of water. The shower door opened again, "Estrogen George," she said and held out her glass. "Okay," George turned to Izzie, "What did I miss?"

"I came home to find River cleaning up the vomit drama. Apparently she," pointing to Meredith, "dumped Derek and her," now pointing to Cristina, "She's been sleeping with Burke," saying it like it's some big thing.

"I knew that," George said, gaining a look from Izzie. He turned to Meredith, "So you really broke up with Shepherd?" he said as he started brushing his teeth.

"I feel empty," Meredith complained.

"Two hours of vomiting will do that to you," I said. I got up seeing my father was calling me and walked out, rolling my eyes at the sight of Derek, "Hi dad, how's the intern search?"

"Fun, very fun, I got a few in mind, seeing if they'll last, Foreman came back though, he got fired from his previous hospital. It was a bit amusing with the new patient though," he said.

"Oh?"

"Yeah he has Giovannini Mirror Syndrome."

"Really?!"

"Yep kept taking on the identity of Mark and I more than Cuddy. Somebody was wondering if I was more dominate than Cuddy because of that," he said.

"Let me guess, ego boost?"

"Oh yeah," he said. We talked a little more and hung up as I had to go to bed due to an early shift.

The next day we were waiting as the ambulance pulled up, "Male, 55, victim of a head-on collision. GCS is 3. Depressed skull fracture. Multiple internal injuries. ACLS protocol started, but was vein blew so we've been pushing meds down he tube. PEA on arrival," the medic said.

"Uh, he's not gone until we say he's gone. Keep coding," bailey ordered. "O'Malley, get him into a bay and save him," she told George.

"But he's dead," George argued.

The others and I walked to the next ambulance, "Male, 46, unrestrained driver of the car that jumped lanes. BP 80 over palp. Tachycardic. Last pulse 1:38. Got two liters of LR running wide open. Significant abdominal tenderness," the medic said.

"Any history?"

"Uh, wife says he's got a bad liver. He's on the, ah transplant list."

"Abdomen's rigid. Okay hand's off. We need to page Burke and Domner. Prep this guy for the O.R. Who wants him?" Bailey asked us. We all raised our hands. "Stevens and Blackburn, take it," we both run over to the patient.

In the surgery Domner had commented, "What makes people think they don't need seatbelts?"

"My end is done," Burke announced.

"Well, the bowel's a mess, but it's repairable. It's a lot of work. I don't see the point with this liver," Domner announced.

"What do you see, Dr. H-Blackburn," Burke asked, I gave him a glare before saying, "It's a deep laceration but he is on the transplant list for his liver," I said.

"Does he have family here, Stevens?" he asked Izzie knowing he was screwed with me. Izzie answered him and when the surgery was over (and Izzie pissed off Alex trying to talk to the guy's son and get him to give up a liver to an abusive person), I sped from the room to the Chief. "Burke went through my records!"

The Chief looked at me wide eyed, "What?"

"In surgery, in front of many other people, he almost called me Dr. House, I have not told a single person, only two other people know I have a well known father in the medical field and respected the decision for me not to tell them," I ranted.

The Chief gave me a serious look, "Okay I will talk to him, if he slipped up it must mean he just found out," he said.

"Well I guess you won't have to wait long, I see him," I walked out of the room and motioned him in. I found the others teasing George about his crush on Meredith and they all stopped seeing my angry face, "What happened?" they asked.
"Burke went through my file," I said and they looked at me shocked. "He almost called me by my father's last name, while it is my last name and I get along great with my father, I don't use his name for a reason and he knows that, that's why my name was hyphenated and he almost fucking called me by the other name," I ranted off getting more upset.

LaterBurke and Shepherd were getting into a pissing contest on who's top dog, Burkenot realizing he is now an ex-Chief as Webber took back over, and threatenedBurke with his job here if he spilt that secret as he would reveal he did it bylooking at the medical files. So, safe to say, Burke hadn't been in a goodmood. Alex had gotten the child of the abusive man to save his father, but onlyif his mother talked to the police and got him charged.