Deterioration of the Fight or Flight

River POV

I ran outside, hearing Bailey's scream and I saw Burke on the floor bleeding, alongside the manager who was starting to redeem himself. "River, cover it," Bailey said, with urgency. "We need help out here!" Bailey yelled. "River, let me take over, I don't you to pop any stitches, but I need you to hurry and prevent Cristina form seeing this," Bailey said. I nodded and hurried in the fastest I could, "River!" Mark yelled and rushed towards me, "Are you okay, who's the blood is that?" he questioned.

"It's Burke's he was shot, I need Cristina not to see this," I said. The Chief was coming over with dad, "What happened?"

"You need to send Dr. yang off somewhere else, Dr. Burke has been shot," Mark told him. The chief nodded and my dad pulled me away to get my hands cleaned up, "It's to his right shoulder," I told Mark, so he could pass along the message.

Mark POV

I was watching as Burke came around and was completely delirious, not noticing Bailey had been there and talking to him, and noticing his arm is limp. "Mark? Can you find Shepherd?" the chief asked, I nodded and ran off to find him.

"Derek!" I yelled, seeing him, he spun to look at me, and I leaned in close to his ear, "Burke has been shot, his arm is limp, and his memory isn't doing to good," I said.

"Where's Yang?" he asked as we rushed there.

"Somewhere on the floor, I don't know where," I said. But when I saw Derek rush in there, I saw Cristina was actually in the next room and she had seen Burke. "Cristina," I stopped her. "Is that Burke?!" she said in disbelief.

"Yes it's Burke."

"He got shot," she continued, still in disbelief. I nodded, "Bailey and River found him outside," I told her. "How's River?" she immediately asked.

"Trying to get his blood off her hands, a bit freaked out, but Greg is with her," I said.

"Then can you come with me to make sure I don't actually kill the shooter so he can go to prison?" Cristina asked with determination. I nodded and followed behind her, "He's a loss cause," a nurse had said when we entered. Cristina had gone over to continue compressions while I stayed at the door, "You don't get to kill yourself. You do not get off that easily. Push high dose Epi,"

"Br. Yang—"

"What? I want to be able to tell his family that I did everything I could to save his pathetic, miserable life. Give him 3 of Epi, now."

I walked into the other room after Cristina did her part in the other room, "Can Cristina have a moment with him, she saw him over here," I asked.

The Chief looked out at Cristina, "Only a moment," he said, and she nodded, so everyone left the room.

Cristina POV

"I need support, I know you need support, I think Izzie did her stupid thing and now Denny can't be helped because of that damn shooter who's my patient," I freaked, grabbing River's hand. "You don't need to feed Rosie, do you?" I asked.

"No, I just did, I feel a bit better. I'm guessing you found out?" River asked me, I nodded and we entered to see Izzie and George panicking, "You cut his LVAD wires?!" Meredith, Cristina, and I all said. "Are you trying to kill him?"

"I'm trying to save him," Izzie said, "All I have to do is confirm that his condition is worse, and then Burke can call U.N.O.S., and he'll move up on the list, and he will get his new heart," Izzie ranted and I started getting upset and River gave my arm a squeeze and I could see her trying to keep her emotions together.