Begin the Begin

River POV

I was skyping my father and Mark who had just gotten there presents, "I wanted you to open them together it's a surprise for both of you," I told them.

They opened them at the same time and looked to find onesies and looked back at me in shock, Mark had an onesie with 'You've been upgraded to dad,' while dad's was, 'You've been upgraded to grandpa,' they both had wide eyes and jaws dropped, "I'm gonna be a dad," Mark whispered.

"You're gonna be a dad," I confirmed.

"Ew, you had sex with my daughter," dad cringed but I could tell he was happy.

I found Izzie in the bathroom waiting with a cup of coffee, George was dealing with Dog. "How did it go?" she asked knowing my father and fiancée just found out. I told her what had happened and she was happy that my fiancée was accepting, I don't think I had told her about what McSheDevil did, "Excuse me," I told her and proceeded to throw up. Gotta love morning sickness, not even three weeks and I'm already tired of it.

"Izziiiiiiieee! Dooooooor!" George screeched and Izzie opened the door slightly for George to run in, they both leaned against the door, "I was thinking of dying my hair, maybe red," she said nonchalantly.

"Red's good," George said, "Morning sickness?" he asked me.

"Yep, already hate it," I said.

"I'm thinking about cutting my hair," George said, going back to the topic of hair.

"Yeah? You'd look good shorter," Izzie said.

"Yeah, don't dig the shaggy hair, makes you more boyish," I said.

"You think?" he asked. We both nodded, the barking stopping as it sounded like Meredith had gotten to the dog, "This is why I prefer cats, they aren't that noisy," I said.

"What are guys doing in there, we're going to be late," Meredith said.

"We were having a threesome," I stated.

Izzie smirked in amusement while George looked shocked, "We need to talk about the dog," he said to Meredith.

"That's not a dog, it's a hyena escaped from the zoo in dog clothing," Izzie said.

"Whatever. I don't chew up his clothes. I don't urinate on his bed. I don't try to mount him from behind," George said.

Meredith tried to tell us the dog loves us but growled at us again when she left, "He tried to mount you from behind?" Izzie asked George. "He tried to," he said.

"Maybe he likes males," I said. Izzie motioned that she thinks I was right, "Or he's trying to say that he's the alpha," I added.

"But wh-"

"Because you're the only male and the only one he does that too," I said before I went to get ready.

I walked up to where interns were gathering with Meredith as the Chief spoke, "Listen up, people, new year, new rules. Or should I say, new year, and we will be enforcing the rules mandated by the residency review committee. There were too many mistakes made last year. Fatigue played too big a role," I gave Alex a pat on the back, he was looking a bit uncomfortable knowing he was one of the people who made a mistake, "Exceeding 80 hours of work per week will not be tolerated..."

"Well, damn, guess this kid had timing," I said referring to my unborn baby. Meredith and Alex both nodded in agreement. Meredith was told she was free until noon, and as everyone was about to leave the Chief had called me over, "Yes Chief?"