Thanks for the Memories/Wilson's Heart

River POV

Dad and Wilson went to go find Amber, I was worried though, Mark put his around my waist to catch my attention, "What's wrong?" he asked.

"I think Dad's not going to take this well, he's subconsciously feeling guilty about Amber, and I think it might affect him," I told him. He nodded in agreement as we were told they were coming back with Amber. When I found out that on the way there, Wilson had suggested lowering her body temperature when she started to crash, to give my dad more time to figure out something, Mark and I gave each other a look, we knew Wilson was going to put all the blame onto dad, we told Foreman and Chase since they have worked with him the longest and knew how to deal with him.

Chase had gone to put her into a protective hypothermia and put her heart and lungs on bypass so she would stabilize. Kutner had asked House to try to restore his memory but dad took one look at me and admitted he couldn't try anymore extreme ways to restore his memory that would risk his health more. Taub asked him if he should know anything else, like if dad slept with Amber. "I might not be able to remember anything, but I for sure know I have not slept with Amber."

I found dad later, who seemed to have just woken up from a map, "Well now I hae Amber on the bus talking to me," he told me. "I remember there was sherry in the dream," he added as Kutner walked in, remembering the Sharrie's bar near the crash site.

Dad got another clue from the bartender that made him think of hepatitis. Foreman being aware of the dream had went to tell Wilson about his new theory, and for dad t get some sleep. "Maybe you'll get another dream to help you think," I told him and Foreman had pointed at me in agreement. Mark was nearby talking to Meredith, filling her in on what happened, she had been concerned knowing how close I was to my dad, and I'm sure she was filling Cristina in too, "What's going on with them?"

"Apparently Bailey got told off by this one visiting surgeon and was claiming he was trying find "the Nazi". The one with Balls the size of Texas, so bailey claimed not to know who "he" was," he explained. "Oh, that'll be good," I said leaning against his shoulder while we watched dad sleep in his office. We sat there in silence until dad sprung up again and walked out, "She might have a rash on her back," he said. It was confirmed there was a rash, Wilson again kept trying to ask Dad how he knew but gets ignored, he was trying to figure out why Thirteen had been hesitant, he thought it was because she was thinking of the possibility of having Huntington's. She counters his argument by asking him why he's so hesitant with Amber's case, after all he wanted blood cultures done on her instead of doing the treatment first.

Dad in his guilt was affectively talked into doing deep electrical brain stimulation to help his memory. I grabbed Wilson when Chase started the procedure, "If my dad suffers another health scare, I am blaming you, everyone keeps asking him why he's so hesitant, it's because of you. You are putting all this pressure on him, he already feels guilty, he knows something is wrong with her but he's trying to figure out what. He is putting his life at risk because YOU didn't check in on YOUR girlfriend," I ranted, getting upset. I had tears going down my cheeks as Mark was holding me back from attacking the man, dad woke up and apologized to Wilson and proceeded to have a seizure that sent him into a coma. I gave a glare to Wilson who looked at his best friend with guilt.

After Amber had officially passed, we called Meredith and Cristina, finding out Burke played surgeon on a turkey, a man was woken up after 16 years after somebody didn't know he was actually not brain dead only to die by a brain injury, and George's dad was shot in the ass. Cuddy had come in while we quietly talked to the two, she fell asleep. Wilson came in later and sat near us, "He was trying to help her, it wasn't his fault he got a skull fracture from trying to help her, and I didn't help his guilt for not remembering," he admitted. Good, he listened to me, maybe he got told off by Amber too before she passed. Dad had woken up for a bit and Wilson patted his hand to tell him it was okay and he left soon after, "I told him off for you, I know you felt the guilt," I told him.

He smirked before it disappeared, "I was back on the bus, Amber was there, so was your mother," he said, his voice raspy. My eyes widened, "I didn't feel any pain there, but your mother was right, I wasn't ready to leave you. I might not like that your getting married even though I approve of the person now, but I am walking you down that damn aisle," he said determined and I let out a small laugh, Mark came up next to me as dad continued, "I know one day I'll be reunited with her, but she said she loves and approves of Mark and joked that House's know how to pick'em and yeah we do," dad joked and we smiled at each other before he went back to sleep.

When dad was able to leave the hospital, to make up for thanksgiving we ordered Chinese food and sat and watched movies. Of course, before I left back for Seattle, me and Mark finally got our alone time *wink* *wink*.