Break On Through

River POV

We pulled up to the hospital as Izzie and George were debating on crossing with Cristina coming up behind them, some nurses saying, "River can cross," and I shrugged and gave them thankful smiles why the others apparently had offended looks, "She's nice to us and pregnant! We're angry but we're gonna throw things at a pregnant woman!" a nurse yelled. I had passed Burke and Derek telling the lady in charge of the temporary nurses about not being able to do their jobs because they don't have the right information. She gave me a small smile seeing me roll my eyes. I had joined the others who were trying to figure out Bailey's replacement, "How come they say your nice, your just as sarcastic and blunt as your father," Meredith said quietly as Izzie was nearby, Alex and Cristina giving me the same look, "Yes, but my father also taught me how to know when to stop. He acts like that because he knows he's good, and he, Cuddy, and Wilson all have that kind of relationship," I explained.

We heard our names being called behind us and saw this woman running down the stairs, with a dopey smile on her face, "Here you are. I was looking for you guys in the locker room, but you weren't there. And then I thought well maybe my interns are looking for me, too. And then I come out here and here you are," she says with a big smile. Oh God, I can already tell she's going to be too cheerful. Judging by Cristina's face she thinks the same thing, the woman had giggled, "Yeah, you guys look like a great group, which is awesome. Because my horoscope said it was gonna be a very challenging day," most likely will be, "and I was a little worried," you should still be worried, "but, no." Hmm, wrong choice, "You guys...yeah. You look like a good group. Which is great, cause we're gonna have so much fun. Hi! Hi. First of all, Hi." She started hugging Cristina, "Ow. Ow. Ow."

"Oh. Sorry. Am I hurting you?" she asked Cristina immediately pulling away.

"Uh, no, you're—you're touching me."

Our temporary boss looked liked she was going to hug the rest, starting with me, "Don't even think about it," I bluntly told her. I'm not in the mood to be touched this morning.

"I'm Sydney Heron, fourth year, and, uh, my philosophy, uh, just so you know, is um heal with love," we all gave her a bullshit look and I knew we were all thinking that she would not last the day with us, "Okay. So, wonderful. So Alex, Izzie, Meredith, River, Cristina and our little group is just missing—"

"O'Malley," Cristina said.

"He's being too much of a wuss to pass through the nurses," I said.

"Standing up for what he believes in. that's my kind of "little girl," right?"

"No it's a man scared of angry women," I countered. Heron then made the mistake of letting us choose where to go, Cristina, Alex, and I immediately going to the E.R. while Meredith went to check on patients, leaving Izzie with Heron. Cristina and Alex gave me a look, "What I'm banned from the O.R. and high stress situations, I'm taking advantage of the E.R." I told them. They shrugged and we walked in, immediately being asked for consult about a spreading rash, I knew I knew the two would make me stand in the back, but I had ot hide my face in Alex's back seeing two people making out behind the curtain.

"We're on our honeymoon," the guy said.

"Yeah," the woman said.

"Sweet," Alex said, not helping my amusement.

"Can you um," Cristina tried to speak but couldn't the words.

"Dismount?" I offered.

"Yes, dismount," Cristina finished. "Yeah," the woman said and we pulled the curtain. Cristina and Alex gave the information they needed while I filled out the charts for them, and Cristina marked the outlines of the rash on the woman's leg. "You have to take out a piece of my muscle?" the woman asked.