The Self Destruct Button

River POV

'It sounds like Derek spent the night,' I sent.

All my reply was, 'HAHAHA' followed by 'Did you sleep okay?'

We talked a little bit longer before I got up and got ready and headed down to find Izzie and George soon followed after me, "You get any sleep?" George questioned.

"Oh, she could oil the bedsprings or at least buy a padded headboard," Izzie commented. "That why we have things called music and headphones or ear buds, depends on your preference, or just get ear plugs," I replied.

"So who's the guy?" George asked us, not really hiding his jealousy.

"You think it was just one guy doing all that work?"

"Yeah, do you mind if I don't think about that?"

"Oh, jealous?" I finally said.

"I'm not jealous," he denied. Yeah he's jealous.

"Well, I am. But at least I know she'll be having a long day at work," Izzie said. That was when Derek Shepherd tries to sneak out but all three of us see him.

"Well, at least we know brain surgery isn't his only skill," came from Izzie resulting a snort from me. Izzie looked slightly proud of herself at the Cristina like comment.

"They can't be...He's her boss," George said in disbelief.

"Like that has ever stopped people," I spoke up.

"And we're late. He's all of our boss. You know she has been scrubbing in a lot lately on his surgeries," I heard as I went up the stairs to find Meredith. I went into her room and said, "All three of us saw McDreamy," I spoke up.

"Shit, how are they taking it?"

"George looks like a wounded animal and it seems like Izzie will be a bitch about it. She even made a comment worthy of Cristina and I," I said. "Wow," she said about the last part of what I said. "Yeah, and his obvious favoritism now makes sense to them because I heard McBitch talking about McDreamy giving you lots of surgeries, it may contribute to the bitchiness," I warned her and we walked down stairs. Safe to say, I was right, not even an hour later, Izzie is making comments about her having sex and throwing a tantrum in the locker room. Everyone left except for Cristina, Meredith, and I. "Do they know its McDreamy keeping them up all night?" Cristina asked.

"According to River they did see him," Meredith said.

"He wasn't really trying to sneak out," I commented.

"O'Malley, patients are waiting. You two come with me. Izzie, River, you're with me today," I tried to mentally hide my groan as I have to hang around Izzie and Shepherd just randomly greets Meredith, best part was Bailey calling her out on it. "If you're at all religious, you would want to start praying it kicks in soon. There's a consult in the pit. Girl with a fever and abdominal pain. After that, Nicholas in 3311 needs his meds. Mr. Moeller's IV fell out, and he's a hard stick. Post=ops in 1337, 3342, 3363, and 2381," Bailey listed off.

"381, 3342, 3363, and 23...81?" Meredith tried to repeat.

"Why are you still standing in front of me?" Meredith left and Bailey turned to us both, "You both look more like me than you right now Izzie more so than River. What's the matter?" Well, gee, I have to be near McBitch today. "Nothing," Izzie snapped.

"Help! I need immediate help," oh thank fuck, a distraction.

"What's the problem?" Bailey questioned.