Yesterday

Meredith POV

"River? When's your scan?" I asked coming out of my room, seeing her getting ready to leave, "At 5, why?"

"Oh, no reason," I said and soon she left. I was the only one in the house and about ten minutes later the doorbell went off and I opened the door, "Mark, hi!" I hugged the man and directed him towards his and River's room. "Okay, her scans at five, she told me before she left. What do you think is going to happen if Derek and Addison see you?"

Mark stopped what he was doing, "Well, Derek may act before he thinks, and if River is in the area, she probably make a big scene that would get at least Addison in trouble based off reputation here but not say enough in said 'big scene' to ruin her career and say the rest in private," Mark theorized. "Now, how are you doing?" he asked with a bit of concern on his face.

"I'm fine," I told him, before giving him a key to lock the door and I got ready to leave.

Before I left, I sent a message to Cristina, 'McSteamy's here' when I got in the car. 'Yeeeeeeeeeeees,' was the response. I mean I was a little upset from hearing from my mom that she cheated on my father, and my father didn't notice. My father was an ass and it pretty much a loveless marriage in the end, "My mommy's a filthy whore," I said in a monotone voice to Cristina and River. Cristina had been going off about Burke finding out she hadn't officially moved out.

We went and I announce Chuck Eaton and his disease for Burke and was getting some bad news as a result. I was walking with Alex, Cristina, and River and found Bailey with her baby. We were filling her in on some things when we heard the baby talk form Izzie, who arrived with George. "Are the O.R's up and running?" Bailey was asking.

"Uh, yeah, they're fully functional," River said, "Except there's some smoke damage to the corridors," she added. Bailey then checked in with me, asking the same question Mark did, "I'm fine," I told her, "How's your husband?" I asked.

"Taking him home tomorrow," Bailey said, she had been keeping her voice calm because of the baby. She was calming her son down when she heard Izzie baby talk the baby again, "Okay, this is not a tea party," she said in her normal voice, "Go. Work. Save some lives. Find out a gender," she excused us, the last bit obviously going towards River. I may have told Bailey about the surprise before hand when I saw her as I entered the hospital.

Going to next person, I noticed the Chief was outside too, he knew Mark would be here too, but based off how the patient looked, I knew what he was here for, "Jake Burton, 15, has advanced craniodiaphyseal dysplasia," River started, "Was admitted last night after complaining of headaches," she was interrupted by the mother.

"And he's not a complainer," Jake's mother said.

"He's been having some nausea as well," the father said. The Chief came in, "Dr. Shepherd? Are you having Dr. Blackburn as your intern?" he asked. Derek nodded, "Then I need to speak to her first," he said and River walked out and the look the Chief gave Cristina and I said the secret would be safe.

River POV

"Okay, I understand your fiancée will be arriving any month now, and that patient has expressed his wishes to look normal, like a normal teenager, and I know your fiancée is good at what he does and is reasonable about things, but you know him better than I do. Do you think he could maybe do something for Jake?"

I looked at Jake and said, "Yeah, I'm sure he could," I told him. He smiled and I went back in to get filled in by Derek.

Meredith POV