Let it Be

River POV

"Wow what the hell is on your face?" I asked Meredith first thing in the morning. She looked at me in annoyance, "A zit. It's a zit," she said. "It looks like a red dot on your forehead holding up a sign that says LOOK AT ME," I told her as we got in the car. We got to the hospital and Meredith had pulled out a band aid. Expect a doctor to most likely have first aid supplies on them, even if it's a Hello Kitty band aid. She was adjusting her band aid as I saw a certain McSheDevil and I got a call from Mark.

"Hi," I answered.

"Hi, so Weiss and Savvy are there to visit McSheDevil about Savvy's chance of cancer, they won't acknowledge you if you appear with Derek and that woman," he told me. "Oh and tell Cristina good luck on her date even though she most likely forgot about it," he added.

"Yeah she probably did. And I'm seeing McSheDevil and it's annoying," I said.

"Tell him I said Hi," Meredith said.

"Meredith says Hi," I said and immediately pulled the phone away from my ear as "HI MEREDITH!" sounded through the phone. We were getting out the car when we heard a commotion; we saw George standing shocked as a man had apparently fallen five feet. "Okay emergency came up, we gotta go," I told Mark, he said his goodbyes and Bailey was motioning for us to get scrubs on, I noticed though, she was holding her back like it was hurting her.

I came back to see the man, Stu, on a bed in the trauma room, "Window watcher. Fell from the fifth floor scaffolding. Obvious open tib/fib fracture but otherwise okay," Bailey said.

"Equal breath sounds. After a 5 story fall he's got equal breath sounds! This is unbelievable! Do you wanna hear?" George asked us, completely amazed at what he's found out. Cristina, Bailey and I were looking at him in shock.

"Somehow I believe you. Yang, get in there and palpate his abdomen," Bailey told Cristina. "Does this hurt anywhere?" she asked him.

"No."

"You fell from the sky. 5 stories. And you only injured your leg," George reminded him. I gave him a glare while Cristina looked at him with a disapproving look, "George."

"No. Don't George me. A few seconds there ago he would've landed on me."

Cristina ignored him, "Okay rolling on three please. 1, 2, 3," we rolled him on his side and saw feathers all over his back as long well as dry blood. "Oh," Bailey said in disgust while the rest of us were just grossed out. "Are those feathers?" Cristina asked.

"My life was saved by that pigeon," George commented.

"Let's get some x-rays. And after that you might want to get in there and look for the rest of Tweety," Bailey had said.

"Tweety is a canary, not a flying rat," I commented after she left. I saw Stu's mouth lift at the side a little. George picked up a feather and whispered, "Thank you," to it, while we just looked at him weird again.

We got him on his stomach, while minding his leg; we were playing a game to see if Stu could figure out what we were pulling out. Cristina had left because her nerves about her date (that she did forget about) were acting up. We were pulling out pieces of the bird, "Beak?" Stu guessed.

"Claw," George and I answered.

"We need to widen this incision to take a better look," I said.

"Alright," George responded and bent down to get closer to Stu and spoke softly as if he was just waking up, "Does your leg hurt a lot?"