Two

(Enjoy the chapter!)

It was Friday night and I was getting my work done before the biggest party of the year (as I was told). Alex and I are in the library, helping each other with our work.

"Are you doing anything later, Bree?" he asked.

"Not that I know of. Why?" I put my pencil down.

"Do you wanna get dinner tonight? My treat." he smiled.

"Like as a date?" I asked.

"Yeah, a date."

"I'd love to." I smiled.

"Great, I'll come and get you at 7. Is that okay?" he asked. I nodded.

I heard the bell ring and I hurried to grab everything. I waited for Alex. He stood up and walked with me to our next class.

~~

After our classes, Calena and I headed back to our dorm. She quickly closed the door.

"He asked you out on a date!" she squealed.

"I know! I'm nervous!"

"Don't be. This date will be nice and it'll be a change from being single and not talking to someone."

"You have a point." I agreed. She took out her work and started doing homework. I sighed and sat on my bed, opened the window and took a cigarette from my pack. I lit it and took a drag from it. I put it out as soon as I heard someone knock on the door. I opened the door and saw Alex.

"Hey, you ready?" he asked and I nodded, putting my shoes on.

"Have fun and be safe, Bree!" Calena said as I closed the door.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"It's a surprise." he grabbed my hand and walked wherever. We walked inside the restaurant and sat down. I grabbed a menu and looked at our options. I ordered a BLT with a side of homemade potato chips and a strawberry milkshake. Alex ordered the same but with an iced tea.

"Why are you so sweet, Alex?" I asked.

"My mum always taught me to treat a lady with respect." he said, sipping his iced tea.

"If you treat your mom with respect, why shouldn't you treat other women with respect?"

"Exactly." he smiled. "I think I already like you."

"As a friend?" I asked.

"More than that."

"Best friend?"

"A crush." he said. I felt like my face was turning red from blushing. He likes me back?! I'm trying to calm myself down but I'm internally screaming.

"You like me back?" I asked and he nodded, smiling.

We ate our food and he walked me to my dorm.

"I had an amazing time, Alex. Thank you."

"You're welcome." he smiled. He leaned in and kissed me. I kissed him back. "Goodnight Bree."

"Goodnight." I smiled and I opened the door, walked inside. Calena looked at me and smiled.

"How'd it go?"

"Per-fect!"

"That's good," she paused. "Did he kiss you?" I nodded. "Awh! I just hope he's the right one."

"Me too." I agreed.